About this topic...

modelbob

Administrator
This topic is an experiment. It's intended to allow folks to give us a virtual tour of their model railroad, workshop, garden railway etc. No scale restrictions here, so if you have HO, N, and O all in the same room, that's fine!

Of course you can also post photos in any of the other topics that fit the subject, this is mainly a place for a series of photos illustrating your railroad and telling us more about it. Show us construction photos, how the layout is progressing, that sort of thing. Consider it to be a sort of virtual slide projector at the local model railroad club.

I'm confused (what else is new?)

...this is mainly a place for a series of photos illustrating your railroad and telling us more about it. Show us construction photos, how the layout is progressing, that sort of thing.

Ummm. How is this different from what I would post in the G scale topic? My intent was to start a thread in the G topic, "F&CGR Back on Track," for example, to show progress over time.

???
~~~~~~~~

Edited to say, maybe we could use the Virtual Tours topic to show layouts we've seen at shows or club visits --- layouts not our own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lady_Railfan said:
Ummm. How is this different from what I would post in the G scale topic? My intent was to start a thread in the G topic, "F&CGR Back on Track," for example, to show progress over time.
Progress photos would probably be most appropriate in the G Scale section.

But if you wanted to do a poor man's (or woman's) Model Railroader spread on your layout, this would probably be more appropriate.

At least I think that's what Bob intends.

Is it, Bob?

JeffShultz said:
Progress photos would probably be most appropriate in the G Scale section.

But if you wanted to do a poor man's (or woman's) Model Railroader spread on your layout, this would probably be more appropriate.
He's exactly correct. This is the place to do a photo feature on your railroad, no matter what the scale. Pictures of the layout, the workbench, maybe a trackplan, that kind of thing. Just like the features in Model Railroader or Railroad Model Craftsman. Show us what you've done, tell us the theme, if it has one, is it freelance or prototype based etc. People can enjoy looking at your railroad, no matter what the scale.

The scale specific topics are intended for things that are specific to that scale. i.e. How to install a DCC decoder in an HO diesel. How to build turnouts in G scale. What's the best type of turnout to use in N scale. New HO products from Atlas, etc, etc. Much of that doesn't really translate well to other scales, so often that info is only useful to other modelers in your specific scale.

Just like in the other forum, you'll often find that there are two or even three topics you could post your photos in. Pick the one that you think matches best. If the staff really feels it would fit better someplace else, we'll move it. Usually we go with the choice the member made, unless it's an obvious error.

The topics here are all new and we'll revise and modify them as we go along.

Back