A slight update to my progress

zeis96

New Guy
Hey everyone! Just wanted everyone to know I haven't given up on my start at MR. I found a LHS that carries tons of stuff (even though I'll do most of my buying online) but it's nice to know there's hands on help nearby. I also found two clubs nearby (each one is an hour away if that's 'nearby'). I also made my first purchase!!!:D I bought a Bachmann Spectrum 4-8-2 Illinois Central. It should be here when I get home today.

Great news Aaron, you won't go wrong with anything from the Spectrum range.
Hope you have something to run the loco on!!

Enjoy, Ken.

Thanks guys!

Ken- I do have something to run it on, my brother-in-law has a train set that he was going to bring over to me... it's just getting him to bring it to me. It won't be much but it's a start.

It won't be much but it's a start.
Well it's something and it would be interesting to know how many started out with more. At least you're starting with a decent loco :D

Cheers
Willis

zeis96 said:
Thanks guys!

Ken- I do have something to run it on, my brother-in-law has a train set that he was going to bring over to me... it's just getting him to bring it to me. It won't be much but it's a start.

Make sure you follow all the lube instructions ( if any ) and run it in both directions so it gets some left hand and some right hand turning, if the trainset is just an oval.

That way the loco is off to a good start.

Ken.

Back