A short video of Alco FA2 runby

Looking and sounding good.

what speaker did you buy and where did you put the speaker? I bought a FA2/FB2 and installed Tsunamis decoders in them. used some spare speakers out of a broadway/blueline tender.My B unit sounds better than the A but its still not a crisp as I would like. My speakers face upwards at the rear of the loco. I think the sound is trapped in the shell and cant get out as there are no louvers to let it breathe?

Thanks, Trent. The speaker is TDS High Base 1.10" dia. from Tony's Train Xchange. I"m waiting for a Tsnami for the FB2. I mounted the speaker in the roof in back, facing down over the rear truck. I also used the sq. enclosure from Tony's. DJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ, I've read good things about that deep bass speaker but it's the first time I've heard one. Sure does sound like a real Alco with the low rumble. Does it also improve things like the horn and Bell? Nice train too. Was that orange tank car originally a Hooker Chemicals Athearn BB? I think that was among the first kits I built.

Thanks, Jim. The horn and bell are about the same as other decoders, according to my tin ear. I think the sound is crisper and def. more base. The only drawback is they are big. Fs and Es have the room for them. That tank car is a PPG, I can't remember who made it. DJ.

Back