A Quickie for My Personal Collection

uspscsx

The Name's Really Matt...
PB121389.jpg

PB121390.jpg

PB121391.jpg

This was no big deal, but I thought I'd share it with the weathering "community." It was really just black chalk, tape, and Dullcote. This was a Bowser 45' 100-Ton Coal Hopper, factory "patched"(note the quotes)CSXT. I made it truly patched. I taped over the lettering, and let 'er have it with black chalk. Sealed with Dullcote. The bottom was just some rusty areas and splases of oily-colored "stuff."

Pretty easy.

uspscsx, NICE JOB! as usual from you.;) i really admire your work. do you have anything new? would love to see what you've been doing lately.:D -Dean

lginc said:
uspscsx, NICE JOB! as usual from you.;) i really admire your work. do you have anything new? would love to see what you've been doing lately.:D -Dean
Thanks!

Sorta and sorta not. I am working on an LBF CSX Hi-Cube, BUT(I hate that word) I am missing some of the end ladders. :mad: I hate LBF kits. I hate E&C Shops kits. So, I am searching for a cheap kit on eBay to steal the ladders from and part-box the rest. I'm also preparing to work on a car for a challenge on the MTW Forum. I'll also be starting another car for another challenge on The Railwire.

csxbox.jpg

The MTW Forum prototype.

pictures%5C5979%5CIMG_6666.jpg

The Railwire prototype.

i would say you are busy. good luck with your search for parts and your new projects.:) keep us posted on the out come. -Dean

I love what you did to that hopper! It looks great! At first I thought you took the picture of the car on ice, that was funny for a minute!

Back