A&P's Serviceing facilities

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
This is the start of the Aurora & Portland's Engine Servicing Facilities diorama. It is being built on a 2' x 4' x 2" foam board. I've started with the diesel storage tanks. I can't honestly say who made this kit either. I've looked on Walthers site but can't find it. If anyone knows who the manufacturer is, please speak up. Anyway, here's the basic tanks and berm built up.

100_1487.jpg

Next step I will be adding the piping to the tanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first set of tanks with their piping coming through the berm. Will repeat the process for the other side next.

100_1488.jpg

Both sides done. This set up will give the most flexibility. 2 tanks will be able to receive fuel while the other 2 are issue tanks. The pipes are running into the office/pumproom. Tomorrow I will work on the tank truck offloading headers.

100_1489.jpg

Jerome,
Looks like a great start and I would like to know who make the tank kits as well as they are really nice looking. I can't wait to see them all weathered and looking used.
Dave

Started on the truck off-loading containment area tonight. It will have enough room for 4 off-loading headers. Lots of details to add to this yet.

100_1490-1.jpg

100_1491-1.jpg

Hey looking good Jerome!
Never seen that unloading ramp before but the tanks almost look like Heljan.

Are those trucks and trailer HO scale? They look HUGE! Like O scale even. Would you mind to include a switch engine or some-such in your next round of photo updates so we can get our bearings on what we're looking at?

This is exciting - I'm looking forward to seeing where your massive fleet gets tuned up for work :)
________
Class Action Settlement

Hey looking good Jerome!
Never seen that unloading ramp before but the tanks almost look like Heljan.

Rick, It's something I made up last night. It's based on the one at work. These 3 headers double as a fill-stand and off-loading headers.

100_1479.jpg

Are those trucks and trailer HO scale? They look HUGE! Like O scale even. Would you mind to include a switch engine or some-such in your next round of photo updates so we can get our bearings on what we're looking at?

This is exciting - I'm looking forward to seeing where your massive fleet gets tuned up for work :)

Regular Boley HO tankers. Here's something for comparison.

100_1492-1.jpg

Added the 4 off-loading headers tonight. Still have to make the remaining 3 hose racks, and then the bummer posts before I can start painting it all.

100_1493-1.jpg

OK, the fuel off-loading area is now completed as far as construction goes. Needs a lot of painting and weathering, then final assembly. I'll work on that this weekend.

Completed hose racks, guard rails and bumpers tonight.

100_1494-1.jpg

100_1495-1.jpg

Looking good so far Jerome. The tanks look like the same as the McGraw Walther's kit

09330000002913.gif

Stephen, I'd say your absolutely correct!!! Thank you!!! ;) Speaking of the tanks, they and the berm area are almost finished.

100_1496.jpg

Glad to have helped. I have the kit but didn't think it was going to work for the modern era but I just need to use the tanks and find another use for the buildings.

Stephen, yes the buildings are a little dated, but the tanks are still around today. There is a place down in Aberdeen, NC that still has some like this. That's why I used a small Pikestuff building as the control room/pump room. Makes it a bit more modern looking. The earthen/asphalt berms are still around also.

Back