A photo of the younger me.

rgeiter

Conrail Quality
Found this old photo of me in 1990. I just graduated high school and army basic training the year before.(89) This particular photo was taken at Ft. Pickett Virginia during annual training when I was in the Army reserves.

Haven’t seen this photo in a long time. Made me smile.

Attachments

• 7B80DA4D-84B9-42F1-A68E-F02A45203030.jpeg
    7B80DA4D-84B9-42F1-A68E-F02A45203030.jpeg
    392.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
You must have been a Tanker? I was sent to Fort Sill Oklahoma for the U.S. ARMY'S Track Mechanic's School, after having been through Truck Mechanics School in Aberdeen Proving Grounds MD. After Track School I was sent to Stuttgart Germany and worked in a Motor Pool, never to have touched a track again. Everything in track school was heavy, so I was glad to leave them alone. I was a bit before you, as all my ARMY training took place in 1970. Sorry don't have any photos!

Marine Corps Boot camp, 1968.

View attachment 126847
You must have been a Tanker? I was sent to Fort Sill Oklahoma for the U.S. ARMY'S Track Mechanic's School, after having been through Truck Mechanics School in Aberdeen Proving Grounds MD. After Track School I was sent to Stuttgart Germany and worked in a Motor Pool, never to have touched a track again. Everything in track school was heavy, so I was glad to leave them alone. I was a bit before you, as all my ARMY training took place in 1970. Sorry don't have any photos!
👍 Yes sir, M60A3, 19E

Never got to drive an M-60, only the M-48-A3. Did get to drive the M-88 Tank Retriever, thou. And don't call me "Sir", as I worked for a living!!!!

Last edited:
Ken, you might want to remove the number at the bottom of the picture, if it is your actual service number.

I know what this guy looks like now, I just don't know why. This is what happens when you become a permanent resident. You never know where you might end up.

DSC_6839.jpeg

Back