A nice spring evening

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
I'm not an artist, but today I joined my wife, who is a professional artist, who met with members of our local art association on top of the 5 level downtown parking structure to do plein air painting. My brushes were too small and inappropriate (they were my model brushes) and my paints were not varied enough.

But still, I came up with this 11 x 14 acrylic. Not near complete.

painting01.gif

Would make a great backdrop, there's always too much blue in a backdrop.
I'm planning a thunderstorm in one corner.
Nice

That was my intention. My wife has promised for about a year now to paint my backdrop, and in all honesty, I'm just now ready for one section of backdrop, but I know the only way I'll really get what I want is to paint it myself.

About the blue. It really depends where you are in the country and how clear and dry the air is. In PA, we rarely get as much blue as in the painting. And you are right, along the horizon tends not to be so blue--but out West, especially pre-smog, horizons can be pretty blue. Maybe we live in an ideal RR fantasy where skies are blue.

Oh WOW, Space!
Not a thing wrong with that.That is a gorgeous sky.;)
[Just thunking: I have an 18 foot wall section (backdrop) that you can practice on:D]

Keep the palette knife away from your ears!!
Nice looking scene, did the ladies of the parking structure give you aide and pointers or is this just raw talent? Your wife may have a rival in the house. I would say you are ready to tackle the back drop yourself. If you do take Rex up on his offer, under no circumstances let him talk you into doing the ceiling lying on your back on a scaffold!

Will

Back