A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Sorry for the misled but it was the guy that did my House landscaping. :D All my track was ballast , nailed , glued and code 83 atlas. Some I might use but I am buying all PECO track for this and will use most PECO code 83.

Sorry for the misled but it was the guy that did my House landscaping. :D All my track was ballast , nailed , glued and code 83 atlas. Some I might use but I am buying all PECO track for this and will use most PECO code 83.

Oh I got that about the house landscaper. I just don't consider myself a landscaper of ANY thing.
Certainly no artist.
I'm curious, now that I have re-habbed some cars with trucks and body-couplers.
[I'll assume you're using steel wheels - yes?]
You use code 100 wheels on code 83 track?
As opposed to 110 wheels on code 100 track?
(yes, that made for a good day of confusion when I found out all about that stuff)

I wish I had your space. Your train room area is half-again as big as my 2 story townhouse. I'm around 1150-1200. Little scronny me sometimes as to snake around my little 6x7 table. I'll make do - for now.
E.

Interesting plan Eric. Looks like your curves should be broad enough for passenger trains. I never had anything drawn out to this extent, just a couple of scratching on scrap paper. I knew I wanted at least 4 towns and plenty of industries to allow for plenty of switching. Like the plan.

I use steel and I believe all are for code 83 or at least most. As for you 6x7 layout , you are enjoying the hobby that is all that counts. The room I have is my dream room that I worked hard for and hopefully I can enjoy the hobby for at least 25 more years. I only started back in the hobby in 2008. I too took s lot of time off from it. I have always had a passion for it, and it relaxes me.

Eric, I highly reccomend the Peco track and switches. You can either use them without switch machines, just use your finger.

Or you can use their selonoid switch machines. And use a stationary decoder like the NCE Snap-IT.

This is what I have on my layout, very reliable. The switch machines are so easy to assemble too! They attach directly under the points. You dig a hole in your subroadbed about 1/2 inch. drill a hole, drop the wires down. Hook em up to the NCE snap-IT.

I have about 28 Peco switches and control them all with my throttle. No issues, no problems with anything for years.

Thank you for the info. I was wondering if they are worth the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap!!! I had a lengthy post. It's gone I guess. No worry. The Earth won't stop turning on my account.

Oh I got that about the house landscaper. I just don't consider myself a landscaper of ANY thing.
Certainly no artist.
I'm curious, now that I have re-habbed some cars with trucks and body-couplers.
[I'll assume you're using steel wheels - yes?]
You use code 100 wheels on code 83 track?
As opposed to 110 wheels on code 100 track?
(yes, that made for a good day of confusion when I found out all about that stuff)

I wish I had your space. Your train room area is half-again as big as my 2 story townhouse. I'm around 1150-1200. Little scronny me sometimes as to snake around my little 6x7 table. I'll make do - for now.
E.

WHA? 110 wheels? Wassat? (sheesh, something more to worry about?)

Don't sweat it man, you got more sweet looking scenery going there on what you have than I've got on my entire "house size" table!

I AM waiting for the day you post pics of your living room after it's converted into a "train room"! LOL! (I KEEP seeing much scrap lumber in your future!)

WHA? 110 wheels? Wassat? (sheesh, something more to worry about?)

Don't sweat it man, you got more sweet looking scenery going there on what you have than I've got on my entire "house size" table!

I AM waiting for the day you post pics of your living room after it's converted into a "train room"! LOL! (I KEEP seeing much scrap lumber in your future!)

100 vs. 110 wheels has to do with the flanges. Nothing regular cats like you and me need worry about.
Don't be holding your breath on that living room conversion. I got a better chance of getting married and moving in with the wife than that happening.
Don't be holding your breath on that deal either. Nothing going on there either.
E

I think I am pushing it with the area I got in the basement. Actually my wife is very supportive of my hobby but that is all the room I get. I'm happy. I will post some new pix in a few days because the drywall is being mud and taped this week. Should start looking more like a room.

OK an Update Again

I wasn't going to post anything until this weekend but when I got home today I was pleasantly surprised how it started looking like a room now. So here it is. I took it with my I-phone panoramic mode so I hope it looks ok.

IMG_1170.jpg

Back