A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Yeah thought about it but you can't do that with the glass doors.
Might just remove the knobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking hard at your picture, it seems you have these cupboards raised above the floor level on a low plinth. Is your bar top planned to sit right on top of the cupboards, or will there be another plinth for it to be raised above them further? Are the doors painted with enamel or acrylic paint, or coated in an epoxy finish?. The reason I ask is on some doors I made, I made cutaways in the top edges, as finger grabs. This little "door" was actually a pull out panel covering an access opening, but the same type of pull. In your case, on most of your doors the back panel wouldn't be there.

DSC04455.JPGDSC04456.JPGDSC04458.JPG

These were cut in using a bench mounted router, and straight cut cutter.

These are epoxy finish I believe . The bar top will be over the cabinets about an inch or two. I am waiting to see how the top sits on them before I move the knobs. My guess is I will have to redrill their location in the center of the doors. Really not worried about the old holes , they are just used cabinets and I think people are going to be amazed at the layout and not worried about the cabinets. Thank you for the tips.

Thanks Alan. Started painting walls tonight. Seems like forever getting to do the layout, but it will come.

Finished some painting today.

Well the room is painted all except the final coats on the doors. I ended up painting it a light gray, I really like it. The counter top .is also in now. I have to take a break here because of Christmas and my Garage is about done. But I see the light at the end of the tunnel . Have to paint the floor , finish the doors and a layout will begin!

Oh yes and fix the knobs on the cabinet doors.

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

There is a lot of pressure for a nice layout, but that is the plan

Updated Photos as of 12/27/15

Very rainy day in Ohio so my Wife and I decided to start hanging stuff up in the train room. Got all my pictures and signs hung as well as my display cabinet for some of my On30 stuff. Put all of my On30 stuff in the case and now have plenty of room for my engines I want to display when not in use. Very productive day. Notice my Cincincinnati Bengals train lantern my son gave me for Christmas. ( In the next set of pictures)

IMG_1222.jpg IMG_1223.jpg IMG_1224.jpg IMG_1225.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back