A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Not sure if I understand what you mean by port plugged.? You have any pictures?
Maybe I'm using the wrong term. The iPhone 4 speakers had the main opening for the sound as well as a smaller opening on the side which is on the opposite side of the speaker membrane (sort of like a base reflex speaker has a port - hence my terminology). I do not have pictures and of course the loco and all the speakers (I bough about a gross of them) is in a box somewhere tossed into the mess from moving.

How do you manage to fit 4 of those speakers into one loco?
Think of how thin an iPhone is. They are very flat and can fit almost anywhere. Basically two beside (well near) the pivot of each truck.

And apparently I lied. I looked up iPhone 4 speaker and the photos that came up are NOT the unit I have. Nor do the iPhone 5 speakers look right. The iPhone 7+ speakers looks most like them but still not right, plus I am pretty sure I had these before the 7 was even introduced. So a new mystery to figure out exactly what I've got.

Last edited:
install note: If you use a Soundtraxx decoder with the 2 amp speaker amplifier then you need to wire in two iPhone speakers minimum. The iPhone speakers are only 1 amp and will burn the amplifier out of your board. How do I know? Because I just sent one of my decoders back because of that reason. I just purchased soundtraxx mini cube speakers. You still have to use 2 of them and yes they are more expensive, but so are burnt-out decoders. Just some FYI for you all.

Last edited:

Back