A little shock!!!!

WC3026

So I have a prodigy advanced 2 system and love it, works great for me. Now to the point at hand. I have have been noticing the past few weeks that i would keep getting a little shock from the handheld. I thought nothing of it being that it is getting to be winter and it is dry in my house. Now when I grabbed it today i got the shock but noticed something else. when I looked at the screen i could now see both direction arrows and a few other items on the screen. could this just be a fluke from the shock and could they go away. I did send MRC an email too so I will have to see what they say.

Anyone else ever get a shock from their system?

Is your layout on carpet, or do you cross carpet to get to your layout? Are there other electric oddities happening around your house (lights flickering, etc.)? Have you tried discharging any static build-up by touching something metal (door knob) before picking up the handheld? Basically, is it your system shocking you or you shocking your system?

I do have carpet but most of the time I am not on it when running layout. I have even got a shock when sitting on my stool for a while and not moving.

I have a previously owned prodigy express which I'm excited to start using. But I'm missing out on shocks.......darn it.......because I don't have any decoders for my locomotives yet. :p

Mike

Seriously though......hope you get it figured out. That shouldn't be happening obviously. Keep us posted as you find out more about it. Don't stand in a puddle of water barefoot while running trains until you get that fixed.

There might be some kind of ground fault somewhere in your system. Is your mobile home well grounded?

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
There might be some kind of ground fault somewhere in your system. Is your mobile home well grounded?

Mike

Yeah it is I have put extra ground rods in the ground because of my radio stuff so grounding is no problem!!!!!

Back