A little help with passenger cars, please

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
I'm not a passenger train expert by any means. LGM has a 5 car train of Athearn Heavyweights. What upgrades need to be done to them? Does anyone offer interiors, wheelsets, light kits, etc? :confused:

Are these the shorty ones?

Palace Car Co. in Kearney NE offers interior kits. They are pricey, though; up to $20 per set.

As far as wheelsets go, you can use any 36" wheelsets. I've been using the Proto 2K ones.

I body-mount Kadee couplers, and use the cheapie IHC diaphragms.

Kennedy

Kennedy

HaggisKennedy said:
Are these the shorty ones?

Palace Car Co. in Kearney NE offers interior kits. They are pricey, though; up to $20 per set.

As far as wheelsets go, you can use any 36" wheelsets. I've been using the Proto 2K ones.

I body-mount Kadee couplers, and use the cheapie IHC diaphragms.

Kennedy

Kennedy

Ditto

Johnny

grande man, on my passenger cars i use the IHC interiors(modify them if i have to), the IHC diaphragms(yes they are cheap, but look REAL NICE), and for the interior lights, i use the Kato N scale interior lights. by using the N scale lights i find it easier to hide them, and i think the lighting looks more realistic from the outside;). -Dean

As far as price goes, you can't beat the IHC ones. I have a whole pile of them, but I use them in the IHC cars. I haven't modified them to the Athearns. Dunno if I'll ever do that. I don't have that many Athearn shortys anyway.

Kennedy

Back