A few structures of mine ....

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
I have to confess that I am rather partial to the Steam era so that, more or less, demanded I scratch build a Trestle Bridge ... this is the result of that build to date:

TGckW51.jpg

I also moved away from styrene kits to Laser Cut Kits, especially RSLaser Kits. Here are a few I have thrown together:

Sm4e19x.jpg

L6CjxMA.jpg

LQyvhz6.jpg

59AApcL.jpg

This is a British Osborne Kit I put together and lit:

4zFngWk.jpg

All kits are N Scale

Willie thanks for the welcome back and yeah it has been awhile. I took a bit of a break from things as I was feeling a bit blah and lost interest in the hobby for a little while. Decided to have three heart attacks two years ago that sat me on my but and slowed me up a little. I dabbled a bit here and there, put together an N Scale layout that is presently being torn down for a "possible" new one. I don't know, last night I just felt as though I had to drop in and say hi and see if I can't regain some of the motivation and enthusiasm that I had a few years ago :)

How's things been with you anyway mate?

How's things been with you anyway mate?
Things have been going rather well for me. Most of my adventures have been documented over in the Coffee Shop; I need to expand that and start some unique threads though. After two years of catching scenery up on the initial part of the completed trackwork, I just started scenicking [sp] the last 1/3 of the layout with an Ethanol refinery (14" x 108"). I'm still not done with all of the initial scenery, but perhaps 40% is done from fascia to backdrop with intermittent stuff in between. I do try to run trains every day.
Sorry to read about the three heart attacks, so glad that they didn't permanently set you back. As I recall, you also had a G scale setup in the front yard as well as a 1:1 train along the property line. Also, what about the other N scale one in the shed?

Willie,

Sounds as though you have been keeping pretty busy all round and good to see that you are still at it.

Yeah, the heart attacks scared the you know what out of me. To be honest, heart attacks were the last thing I thought I'd ever have, I didn't think people who were fundamentally fit and healthy and not over weight, didn't drink as such (maybe one or two every few months) had heart attacks, especially when all I was doing was sitting watching TV when the first two happened. It wasn't until the third one that my wife finally forced me to go the hospital where they told me what had happened. Anyway, I was rushed to Rochester where they did emergency surgery and all is well now. As my surgeon told me - "I used to be a V8, now I'm just a V6" :)

Darn mate - you have a good memory :) Yep, had a G Scale in the side yard that got taken up and sold of. It became too much work to keep it running properly and I seemed to spend more time "maintaining it" than "enjoying it".

The "Shed N Scale" is still there BUT that is just a DC track. I do use it from time to time to test stuff out on but it has become a backup layout for me essentially, especially in the winter. Here is a quick video of the shed layout JUST to prove once and for all that N Scale isn't THAT finicky about the track work :)

Last edited:
@magilla12

What Willie has suggested works well, but as he said, not the Elmer's School Glue - get the Elmer's Glue-All or Wood Glue.

Just for some variety, I mainly use one of two products - Titebond 3 Ultimate Wood Glue or a British glue called Deluxe Laser Cut Kit Glue. The thing I like about that is it comes with a metal tip for accuracy and no mess and is available in the US.

Anyway, pretty much any wood glue will work :)

@magilla12

What Willie has suggested works well, but as he said, not the Elmer's School Glue - get the Elmer's Glue-All or Wood Glue.

Just for some variety, I mainly use one of two products - Titebond 3 Ultimate Wood Glue or a British glue called Deluxe Laser Cut Kit Glue. The thing I like about that is it comes with a metal tip for accuracy and no mess and is available in the US.

Anyway, pretty much any wood glue will work :)
Never heard of Laser cut glue kit, have to find some I think, thanks.

@Smudge617

Not a problem mate. The thing I like about this Deluxe adhesive is it comes with precision applicators that let you put the glue exactly where you want it. Mind you, you need to wash the applicator out with warm water to stop it from hardening in the "needle". The stuff does come with very good instructions though so you wont have a problem 👍

@Smudge617

Not a problem mate. The thing I like about this Deluxe adhesive is it comes with precision applicators that let you put the glue exactly where you want it. Mind you, you need to wash the applicator out with warm water to stop it from hardening in the "needle". The stuff does come with very good instructions though so you wont have a problem 👍
Thanks, I see you can get extra applicators too, seems like a good thing to have in my tool 🧰

Yep, and I would suggest you get some spare applicators. Had a look at mine and I need a few as well.

By the way, the DCC Concept Wipers - they ae for HO only, sad to say. Will keep looking and thanks again.

Back