A Few Questions

Hey everybody!

I've been steadily working on my shelf layout, picking out, researching, naming, etc all the different industries. The industries that are at the front of the layout, I'd REALLY like to super detail. You know, full interior, lights, people, etc etc, and this is leading me to a few things that I need, and have yet to find.

The biggest industry is going to be a scrap yard, called Green Metals, the main building, is already on the layout, but I need a couple of dock doors, you know, for trucks to back into. But have yet to find a realistic door casting, anybody help me out with suggestions??
The other focal point of this industry is going to be the overhead crane. Its starting out as a walthers Kit, and I have a half baked Idea to make it operational. Sorta like the Operating intermodal kit. I need some very small motors. I flipped thru the walthers book last night, and only saw motors for repowering loco's.

Thanks for the thoughts/suggestions

I dunno about the motorized crane, but I know David used to have some white metal castings of roll up garage doors (which I previously needed, until I scratch built it).

Thanks Josh. I like figuring out how to make things work, and look 'realistic' I'll flip thru some of my electronics catalogs and see if i can find motors that'll work.. I need three, two have to be pretty small..

The door casings that came with the Pikestuff kit, are too wide ..

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I found what I need.. a couple of Hitec Sub Micro Servo's.. remove the stop pins so they'll turn full circle.. cost a little over 10 bucks.
Now if these building kits will get here...

Doors

Are these what you are looking for? 8` roll up doors.

tn_8rollupdoor.png

they are 1 1/8 wide by 1 1/4 tall.

Email me or pm me if interested.
David

Back