jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
A few pics from part of my layout.

mg1.jpg

mg2.jpg

mg3.jpg

mg4.jpg

mg5.jpg

They sure look real don't they?:cool: I made those by cutting out some shapes from regular copy paper and hand painted them to look like clouds. I then applied them to the backdrop with a thin layer of white glue. They kinda steal the show.:)

Great pics. I especially like the red school bus. Is it picking up kids to take them to the little yellow schoolhouse? :p

Great pics. I especially like the red school bus. Is it picking up kids to take them to the little yellow schoolhouse? :p
That's an old school bus that was sold off to a fire dept and is being used as a crew bus and also to carry extra equipment (hoses, shovels, rakes, etc).

That's an old school bus that was sold off to a fire dept and is being used as a crew bus and also to carry extra equipment (hoses, shovels, rakes, etc).
It's incredible what can be done with those old schoolbusses. Next thing we know, somebody will put a layout in one! :D

BTW great pix Jeff

Something that I've seen quite a bit growing up in a rural area is old WWII deuce & halfs painted and used for fire trucks.

Something that I've seen quite a bit growing up in a rural area is old WWII deuce & halfs painted and used for fire trucks.
I've seen that too! The Anacoc fire dept has one that they converted to a water tanker and another fire dept has has an old military 5,000 gallon tanker that they put a high capacity pump on.

Wait til you see the newer Oshkosh 7 ton trucks with a tank on them, those guys are HUGE!

Wait til you see the newer Oshkosh 7 ton trucks with a tank on them, those guys are HUGE!
I can imagine! I used to drive an M911. That's a huge low-boy type flat-bed truck that could carry 2 M60 main battle tanks which weigh in at over 60 tons each.

Back