A Few Pics from CSX Boyles Yard (ok, so it's morphed into more than just Boyles Yard)

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Despite the overcast conditions, here are a few new pics from the CSX. I want some sunshine!!! ;)

ERTY 7735, Ex Frisco GP7 rebuilt to GP8. This unit was originally manufactured in Oct 1951. While not much of it can be seen, that's the old L&N roundhouse in the background.
GP8_Front_Web.JPG

GP8_Side_Web.JPG

GP8_Rear_Web.JPG

Fire in the Hole! MP15 roars to life.
MP15_Start_Up_Web.JPG

This one was cropped from quite a distance, but it's a nice paint job.
MP15_Web.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This shot wasn't at Boyles, but since we're on the CSX...:D

Meet on the S&NA Sub outside Garden City, Al
Z_CSX_Meet_2.JPG

10 ,ten ,dix, zehn, X, tien...

Whow Grande man!!........whow......That...is...awsome....!

btw: like the trees too:D

Jos

Despite the overcast conditions, here are a few new pics from the CSX. I want some sunshine!!! ;)

Great pics, Grande man, your first ETRY 7735 Geep reveals all the truck details because of an overcast sky. When shooting on a bright sunny day you need to pick the right spot and time, as you did with the CSX AC's on the S&NA Sub. Judging by the shadows late afternoon or early morning. The truck details would be pitch black when shooting from the same position at noon. Good composition, clone out the red/white pole and you have a winner. Excellent shot for modelers. Keep them coming.

Regards,

René

Thanks René. I value your candid opinions on the pics. The only thing I'm not sure of is how to "clone out" the pole on the last shot. Is that a Photoshop term?

Grande Man, how am I supposed to get anything constructive done when you keep posting photos like these? They're distracting :D

Great shots, as always!

Need some more distractions Nate? ;) After the previous shot was taken, the southbound train proceeded toward Birmingham led by CSX 54, a GE AC44CW.
Southbound_CSX_web.JPG

We caught the train again in Hayden crossing the Hwy 160 bridge at twilight. Can ya'll tell that Mellissa and Elmo live around Hayden? :D
Twilight_on_the_CSX_web.JPG

Earlier in the day, this northbound blazes across the Mulberry Fork. It was doing every bit of 50mph. In fact, the grass wasn't growing under any train we saw all afternoon. Those boys were moving freight!
Crossing_the_Mulberry_Fork_web.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
!

Sweet shots. Looks like you were pretty close to the edge taking the photo of those string of hoppers!

Back