A few new pics

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Here's a few new pics from lunchtime today in Irondale, Al. I thought ya'll might be interested...

GE leads an intermodal train.
130522222.gif

GP35, woohoo! This baby was built in the summer of 1965. One of my fav paint schemes too. :cool:
130522219.gif

130522217.gif

Here's an interesting load, M1 Tanks! Check out the reporting marks and 6 wheel trucks on the flatbed cars.

132667678.gif

132667673.gif

Not sure where they're headed, Josh. I'd love to take one out for a spin though! I'm guessing ya gotta sign up for that, right? Dang technicalities. :D

grande man said:
Not sure where they're headed, Josh. I'd love to take one out for a spin though! I'm guessing ya gotta sign up for that, right? Dang technicalities. :D
Or Become Tim Allen!!

RexHea said:
Eric, don't they refurbish A1's over at the Anniston Depot?

I'm not sure, but wouldn't be surprised.

I'd love to get a guided tour of an Abrams some day. I've got a buddy that was a tanker in the Guard some years ago. I wonder if he still has any contacts...

grande man said:

Don't think ya gotta worry about that Eric. :D
You're too ugly!:p:p:p

(like me)

CJ, Obviously, some people are jealous of my good looks and boyish charm. :D

Some new pics from the CSX in booming Trafford, Al.

While driving thru, we noticed that the searchlight showed "approach'. Hum, that baby is approach lit. Could a train be coming???;)
133776952.gif

It wasn't long until this intermodal came blazing thru on the previous train's yellow block.
133776956.gif

133776953.gif

This train must have been headed to a nearby Wal Mart... :D (sorry for the off center pic, this train was flying!)
133776955.gif

Grande Man,boyish charm and good looks, Oh brother.:p As for the photos,as always GREAT PHOTOS Dude. :cool: I wish I had that kinda time to photograph trains all day. Take care my friend.William.

Very nice, i must get some more CR stuff
Here's my sole SD40-2 on my old layout
94193421.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric, 'bout time you got that camera clicking again. I really enjoy your railfan and trips into history (as many have told me they do). Thanks and keep it up.
REX

Steve, Nice SD40-2. The Conrail units do look good!

Rex, Thanks. I'll keep the camera close by. I'd like to get in some more exploring before the hot weather sets in. ;)

Back