A few more pic's

ggp

ggp
Here are some pic's of my first mountain and a building that I am also working on...any and all comments are welcome!

P1000800.png

P1000808.png

P1000810.png

P1000813.png

P1000816.png

Nice work. I would find a substitute for the linchen, looks ehh.
Also the close ups of the plaster cloth with the little holes still in it can be touched up. Otherwise good, clean and eye catching.

I think it looks good. Have you colored your mountain to where you want it? It looks kinda white in the pictures. I finally tried rock molds and coloring them with Woodland Scenics stains and am amazed by how easy it is and how good it looks. I like your house too, is this scratchbuilt?

Keith Baker

I think it looks good. Have you colored your mountain to where you want it? It looks kinda white in the pictures. I finally tried rock molds and coloring them with Woodland Scenics stains and am amazed by how easy it is and how good it looks. I like your house too, is this scratchbuilt?

Keith Baker

The mountain is still a work in progress...I intend to put minerals and oxidized iron pigments in certain places for more interest...I have just started painting it...the house is scratchbuilt, and also not finished, nor the surrounding scenery...Basically I am just getting started and very much appreciate all comments.

The Rock detail looks very nice. I agree with Keith that they look a little white(could be the lights?) but thats just my opinion.

I would add some more bushes to it and evergreen trees. here are a few pics of Donner pass. when I think of mountains I think of how Donner looks in the summer

Gary, I like the way you have the tunnel approach layout and the rock details. The mountain does need some india ink washes to tone it down and bring out the details. The trees need some work. The trunks are out of proportion with the limbs and pine trees generally taper toward the top. The limbs themselves look good, you just need to have a much skinnier trunk. I agree about the lichen. Get some Woodland Scenics clump foliage. It looks better and won't dry out and get brittle like lichen.

Good job on the rustic cabin - looks like it belongs in the mountains.

Back