A Day on the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

My family took a recent trip on the Durango & Silverton, and I made this video journal. It has lots of great narrow gauge steam action. I hope you enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/MSAG2VnhEAU

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
Enjoyed the video. We have been there a number of time and still look forwaed to visiting again.

Sirfoldalot

Days Gone Bye!
Staff member
Nicely done, RON! I have ridden the train several times - and lived in Silverton during the early 70's. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of my home there which was very close to the depot, but (sigh) you missed it.
I see quite a bit of change there in Durango - not so much in Silverton (from what I have heard).
When I was trying to get approval for a business in Silverton, had a member of the Town Council say,"We don't want this place to be another Disneyland."!
P.O'd my wife who responded, "You should be so damn lucky".
Mindset of a mining town ... They could have cared less about the train running!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.