A Coach

JazzDad

Gandy Dancer
I got a Bachmann coach from someone on the Bay, with the intent of putting it in the chop shop.

This is what it looked like at the beginning.

before.jpg
(This not my photo, just a representation grabbed from the 'Net.)

Early in the conversion, I was stripping the paint with some brake fluid. I liked the effect so much, I stopped the process mid-way. The down side was that I was unable to later bondo the the seams, so they are rough.

It's funny that the older I get, the more demanding I am on my modeling. Yet I don't do as good of a job on the stuff.

Here's the leftover bits:
extra.JPG

Oh, and here's the story on the car, from the company's history book.

The passenger car we used for our ever-popular summertime outings to the Springs was purchased in 1935, being transported all the way from Maine. It was two foot in gauge, therefore, we had to modify it to operate on our trackage. Unfortunately, the excursions ceased in June of 1939 when a lawsuit was filed in the Karst County court against Stephens Stone & Cement. The contention of the claimant, seeking damages for contributory negligence, was the company should have provided more care in supervising the children playing near or in the Springs. The jury found that Stephens Stone & Cement did not imply, nor warrant, any safety in the trip, and could not be held liable in the injuries to the child, namely in that there was no consideration paid (train fare) for the trip. After the suit, we decided that we would no longer offer rides to passengers on our railway, and the car has sat in disuse on our property for over two years now.

That's some "classy" work there JAZZY!
Your lighting is not the best on your creation, but you have done very well on the model work.
Pretty hard for me to see the seam - fact is - I am not quite sure that I do have it?
Some faded and peeling decal work would make it a contest entrant.

Thank you. It's hardly contest quality.

As it was the only passenger coach on my tiny private rail system, it probably would not have had any lettering.

Back