A building, a layout, finally!!

Been outside all day digging ditches. I have a lot of ground water next to the house we are trying to redirect away and into drain tiles. Then we found a huge pine stump right next to one of the footings we have to tie into. first inspection is Monday afternoon.
20190322_190949.jpg
20190323_120606.jpg
20190323_120610.jpg
20190323_105624.jpg

Bummer - The stump has to go! Get as much of the root system that you can.
What is that white looking pipe? Is that a drain line?

Sherrel, that is a 4" slotted drain tile. It has plastic peanuts around it with a mesh cover. The theroy is you bury it, the water seeps into the mesh/peanuts and into the tile drain then rolls down the line. I have two 10' sections at each end of the garage, then it goes into regular 4" drain tile and out the back of the yard about 90' away. In this picture you can see it attached to the regular drain tile.
part0.jpg

Rick, do you have a drop bridge at the door?

No, my last layout had a blob with a grade on one side and a helix back down on the other.
Now that I'm getting older and have a back injury I'm building a variation of Pelle Soeberg's Daneville UP layout with a duck under, no moveable entry. Go figure, eh?

The project is really moving along!

I guess I didn't realize you were pouring concrete. I just happen to be a construction inspector (concrete, soil, bituminous) for mostly commercial jobs, was out on a pour this morning. I guess it is a little late to offer any tips.

Dave

Back