7&1/2" Train Show

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Went to the 7&1/2" Train Meet today in Manatee County, Fl. More trains there than expected by everyone. When I left there were still about 10 more trains unloading onto the Turntable. A lot of live steam this time. Few pictures.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few more. Didn't take as many this time. Didn't get any good video's either. The Show is tomorrow too if anyone close by wants to see & ride the trains. Lots of Kids today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Myakka Cattle Co car reads "Capacity 25 Head". 25 what? Cats? Hah!

Great stuff - I really enjoy the small outdoor railroads. There is a fairly large group in Houston called HALS and another in southern Oregon called Train Mountain. I'm always impressed by how many people show up.

Great stuff - I really enjoy the small outdoor railroads. There is a fairly large group in Houston called HALS and another in southern Oregon called Train Mountain. I'm always impressed by how many people show up.

I think there's about 25 of these railroads in Florida. This one covers 10 acres & has a lot of track. The Feb. meet in 2012 will be the biggest turnout. I went in Feb. of this year & there was about 45 trains showed up. They have space for about 25 motorhomes, but, to be able to get a spot you have to be a Club member. They've been after me to buy a train, but, I would have to sell my layout to get a kit for the engine($1600.00 plus shipping for an electric). Then there's the flat car for a seat to run it & then all of the cars for people to ride. Most guys have about $15,000.00 tied up. Now, if you want a Steamer kit, that starts out at about 30 thousand just for the engine & another $5000.oo for the water tender. Then 5 coal cars, a drop center flat, 2 Gons, a cpl. box cars & a Caboose, add about another 5 grand.
I think I'll stick to HO Scale it's a lot cheaper. Oh, & I forgot about the 3/4 ton pickup & a large trailer to haul all of it around. The closest track to me is 60 miles away.:):D:eek:

Crap you beat me to a comment about that!!! Somehow I think someone doesn't know how to measure if they think they can fit that much livestock in that car.

Hey Larry, :)

Nice pics! This little engine is my favorite. It's tooter worthy. :D

attachment.php

Did you get to see it run?

Greg

Yes, Greg, saw it run. It runs on Coal. he had about 10 cars behind it w/about 10 big guys on for the ride.

I bet... it looks like a really strong engine, and what a beautifully functional saddle tank design. :)

Back