7&1/2" rails

im going to quote a pretty funny song from SNL's Digital Shorts songs featuring Andy Sandberg "I ji$$ed in my pants!!!" when i saw that pic.

What would something like that cost a builder?

I saw some steam engines at the Manatee show in Parrish that cost the owner about 36 grand & it wasn't close to a BigBoy. I figure that engine would run about 75 grand or more to build.

im going to quote a pretty funny song from SNL's Digital Shorts songs featuring Andy Sandberg "I ji$$ed in my pants!!!" when i saw that pic.

What would something like that cost a builder?

We were talking about that at dinner one Saturday night on a run weekend. One of our members was looking into buying one. Kit form was about 95k. Somebody on the west coast had one up for sale complete for roughly 125k. That was back in '02 when we were discussing it. One of our winter members would run a 4-8-4 UP Northern at our site that would drive everybody nuts, especially since he had a string of 85' UP passenger cars to go with it. I'll try and find a pic of his train, as he has a habit of traveling around the country to various clubs and meets. That Big Boy is awesome though. :cool: Don't quote me, but I believe a mamber of the LA Live Steamers at Griffith Park in LA has one too. Might be the same unit as in the pic, not sure though.

Now Santa got a replacement for his dear deer and it's a train. Peace grandpa:) I really like the idea of outdoor railroading. How fast?

Back