7-1/2 inch gauge 2-4-2 for sale on Ebay

modelbob

Administrator
There's a really nice 7-1/2 inch gauge 2-4-2 for sale on Ebay right now. Patterned after a Maine narrow gauge 2 foot loco, it's very large for 7-1/2 inch gauge, being essentially 1/3 scale, rather then the 1/8 scale used for standard gauge locos in 7-1/2 inch gauge. It's a gorgeous loco and has a code boiler too.

Nice to look at, but you'd better have deep pockets if you're bidding, it's at 50K right now, still under the reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5972850354

Bob that has to be the nicest model live steamer I've seen photos of. Maybe its just because of the size, would just love to have that chugging around the back 40 and more than likely the front grass patch too :D
He says the winner can pick it up at his place, but who ever can afford it better bring a crane and a lowboy
Cheers Willis

CBCNSfan said:
Bob that has to be the nicest model live steamer I've seen photos of...

Well then here's one that's even a bit nicer... :)

http://www.sscom.org/ds.html

Dave Skagen, who lives near Seattle, has built a similiar engine, but it's a 2-6-2. The engine is so large his grandson used to be able to fit inside the cab. (OK, it was a tight fit, but still...) The crafsmanship is spectacular, just like all of Dave's work, and it's got working air brakes. Not straight air, but real air brakes, when the trainline parts, they apply. I was impressed. The cab is just like the real thing, everything is in the same place. Sometimes that can be difficult as some of the valves are tiny, but it makes for an incredibly realistic locomotive.

He also built some really nice wood gons to haul with it. I can actually lay down inside of them. Again, a tight fit, but I got some great video from inside one of them, looks like you're at eye level instead of the usual birds eye view.

I can't recall if Dave still has this loco or sold it. If not, I'm sure it could be purchased, again bring deeeep pockets.

PS - If you want to see one of the most incredible private layouts around (only Train Mountain comes to mind as being more impressive...) check out Tom Miller's place.

http://www.sscom.org/tmsp.html

He's got a variety of locos, including a Big Boy. Nice stuff, really nice stuff.

I don't think any of his stuff is for sale, but you probably couldn't afford it anyway. I know I certainly never could. :)

PS - You can "trick" that last link into showing the photos full size. Click on the one you'd like to see larger, click "properties" and cut and paste the url for the photo into your browser. That will bring up the photo by itself, and they're larger (and clearer) than the way they're shown in the page.

Thanks for the links Bob. Very enjoyable tours, (wish I was there). I used the trick on Dave Skagen's page to have a better look. All marvelous looking working models but Dave's and the other one " 462" I was really taken by and that private RR sure is something.
Cheers Willis

Back