3rd US Convention in Rodgau/Germany

3rd US-Convention in Rodgau/Germany

The 3rd German US-Convention was held last weekend in Rodgau/Germany(near to Frankfurt) and about 20 selected layouts in several gauges filled the show with their flair and atmosphere .You can almost say the event was a small europeen event because the parcipitants who find the (sometimes long) way to Rodgau came from Germany,Denmark,Luxemburg,Belgium,Scotland ,Netherlands and England.There were also many workshops,the leading german US-retailers as well as a few book/DVD sellers.

A perfect forum for meeting fellow modelers,catching new ideas,to tie new contacts and to inform about new products.....

The result of the two days and I guess I agree to most of the participians/visitors:A succsesful event and contented guys......

I took a lot of pics so I'd like to introduce them not in a single thread.....there were to many amazing impressions and layouts and for one of it I'll need plenty of space...

Pelle was here!

Early in the morning before the people entered the show,two well known frequent contributors of the Model Railroader Magazine were held a little small talk:

To the left is Horst Meier, the "manager" and host of the Convention who's taking pics from the outstanding "city limits" layout.Right to him stands Pelle Soeborg, famous modeler from Denmark who was invited to held two workshops about scenery technics

First impressions of the convention

For a couple of layouts I want to enter in single threads so I'll keep the images coming.....

Pelle soeborg at work...

"Fremo US-Southwest division"

"Pocahontas mine"
More images are coming soon.....

New ponca yard

Expect more pics.....

"City limits"
I'll dedicate plenty of space to this extraordinary layout....Be anxious!:eek:

:D All nuts!!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Part 3

"West coast switching"

A small but excellent switching layout,built by Alexander Lösch.

"New ponca yard"

This layout is owned by the American RailRoad Association Ghent (Belgium).
This freelance layout should represent South side Chicago.The focus is on operation and switching several industries but there's also a mainline for continous running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic photos BUT

When I clicked on one of the photos of the Pocohantas Mine to get a better look I got taken to a photo hosting site an then came under fake adware attack (whatever that means). Norton became very unhappy though!

Back