3D Printer Building Kits ... What's The Correct Cement to use?

With the price of 3D Printers dropping to the price point modelers can afford - I've seen a tidal wave of HO and O Scale 3D Printed items out there. Some of which look better and are more unique than what mainstream model kit manufacturers have available. And then there's also a lot of junk too. But what cement do you use to assemble them? Some people say your regular Testers cement wont bond to the plastic, super glues like Gorilla "melt" the plastic, other glues bleach the plastic white and make it brittle ... you ask the people making the kits and they themselves don't have recommendations because they just "mold" the kits (which makes me think they just bought a printer, got some CAD object templates and modified them, and just print out the parts) ...

CyanoAcrylate (CA) super glue.

I don't know about the melted plastic filament printers, but the resin printers (and if you're buying a printed kit it's resin) won't be effected in the slightest by plastic cements. Go with the same concept as cast resin kits.

Uncle Jesse's YouTube channel did a good comparison of some of the different options for filament printers. Since your talking about details I'm assuming that you are talking resin prints instead of filament right?

Back