3 engines 72 cars over Janesville Viaduct

NYC_George

I didn't make my 100 car goal mainly because I don't own100 reliable cars so I scaled it back to 72. I added a few sound effects to the original recording. Wheels clicking, squealing, squeaking etc. I changed the setting on the video to public for those you having trouble viewing it.

I noticed the video sometimes starts in the middle. I'm not sure why this is?

George

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing...I like the consist pulling that freight. How about some photos of the rest of your layout?

Greg

Thanks to everyone for your comments. I used 3 engines Jerome but I took the lead engine off to reset a few CV values and the other 2 pulled the train without a problem and train is spread out over 4 turns. Two of the turns have a radius of 26 inches. The biggest problem I had was mixing the original sound with some recorded RR sound tracks.

George

Well you did a good job mixing it.

I use GoldWave to do my sound editing.

gold_wave.jpg

Last edited:
More volume please!

Greg

PS: I have some tapes of locomotives performing freight yard switching that I play in the background when I'm at my work bench. The proto sounds get me into the railroading mood in a hurry.

PS: I have some tapes of locomotives performing freight yard switching that I play in the background when I'm at my work bench. The proto sounds get me into the railroading mood in a hurry.

I was an RR engineer at one time and there's one thing I hated to do with a passion is switch cars all night. What are we doing now, just follow the light. 12 hours of switching out the A&P's warehouse in Elmsford, NY it drove me back to the construction's 7 hour day. I'll stick to listening to Rock&Roll while working at my modeling bench.

Last edited:
What you need to do now is place some detectors at each end of the bridge to activate the sounds through a sound system, so you frighten visitors that are standing next to it when the train passes over it. I would love to do that with a high, arched bridge over the doorway to the room.

What you need to do now is place some detectors at each end of the bridge to activate the sounds through a sound system, so you frighten visitors that are standing next to it when the train passes over it.

I was planning on putting a smoke unit under the fake flickering LED'S fire at the north end of the bridge. I think hooking that up to a switch would scare them more.

grass_lands_fire_3.jpg

Back