21 pin adapter boards in Roundhouse (Athearn) new releases

tootnkumin

Staff member
Here is a pic of one of these boards that a questioner on a FB group posted up
1551081178151.png

An interesting thing to note is that it appears to be sound capable. At the top right of the board are wiring tabs marked S+ and S-. F7 and F8 tabs on the other side (rear ditch lights etc?). It is also, going by the rivet in the center, made to clip onto Athearn's open frame motor. Someone else said they were now in the latest RTR versions too.

They are in the RTR and Roundhouse engines. There is also something similar in the Genesis engines.

At first glance, the CB on the mid-lower section resembled like several of the small NCE plug in decoders in my stock. Totally my mistake, the first mistake that I made this year!

I'll take the shell of one of my Atheran RTR and check it out and install a decoder while the loomotive is apart.

Greg

Last edited:
At first glance, the CB on the mid-lower section resembled like several of the small NCE plug in decoders in my stock. Totally my mistake, the first mistake that I made this year!

I'll take the shell of one of my Atheran RTR and check it out and install a decoder while the loomotive is apart.

Greg
I would say that CB is like the small one you had to remove from the 9 pin tail on the previous DCC ready board, when installing a silent decoder. This time it's to fit a 21 pin in it's place. Intrigued by the output tabs for speaker and extra functions on the motherboard. The rivet on that motherboard indicates that the motor is still the usual RTR version.

Back