2023 Amherst Train Show at the "Big E" in West Springfield, MA

Alcomotive

Grandson of an ALCO Builder
So here are some pictures of the show. I did not take many as I was so focused on get items for myself.

1st up on the way to the show, the yard near by had this CSX car there and we stopped to take a quick picture of it....

20230128_144806.jpg

20230128_144746.jpg

20230128_144744.jpg

Now we some interesting models that were weathered or detailed. These were done by groups or individuals modelers. They did the work then placed them back in the box for re-sale. Some looked fantastic and others I wasn't so sure. The prices were something to see, Some people bought but I was not one of them I imagine they lowered prices on the 2nd day? Maybe I dunno....but hey whatever floats your boat!

The first picture is what interested me the most. I wanted to know where to get the generators or engines. I would like to buy those separately for my RR. I didn't ask them as I felt they would not offer that information. The guy was not approachable in my opinion. He had a lot of different freight with loads with sky high prices. I was not impressed with how he secured the loads. Not very prototypical or realistic. It was just slapped on there with chains that were not realistic or not even close. As for those generators maybe they were 3d printed I dunno....

20230128_095255.jpg

Random pics of the weathered prices of cars.

20230128_114701.jpg

20230128_114716.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Those generators, been looking for something similar they would make great flatbed load, and I would definitely be interested in those, the nearest I can find so far were these.

As for the graffiti, sorry, even I could do better, and I'm about as artistic as a brick.

Re: Those generators, been looking for something similar they would make great flatbed load, and I would definitely be interested in those, the nearest I can find so far were these.

As for the graffiti, sorry, even I could do better, and I'm about as artistic as a brick.

Smudge617 thanks for the find! I think I will order 2 of these and see how it goes. I have CAT paint and black so that is that! I also have decals that will work too.

As for the graffiti I was thinking the same thing for myself I wasn't overly impressed. The prices were interesting for sure.

As for the graffiti I was thinking the same thing for myself I wasn't overly impressed. The prices were interesting for sure.
It would have looked more authentic if he'd used a cats paw, but the pricing was ridiculously high, maybe $30-$35 would have been nearer the mark.
Smudge617 thanks for the find! I think I will order 2 of these and see how it goes. I have CAT paint and black so that is that! I also have decals that will work too.
I also found these.

I like the Cummins. All the sellers are US based too. :)

Shapeways also have the chain tensioners.

Last edited:

Back