2020 New Products from Oxford Miniatures in HO

autocoach

Oxford has announced the following at the London Toy Show

87BCE54001 Buick Century Estate Wagon 1954 Ranier Blue/Arc NEW TOOLING
87CB42001 Chrysler T & C Woody Wagon 1942 Regal Maroon NEW TOOLING
87DP48001 Dodge B-1B Pick Up 1948 Truck Red NEW TOOLING
87IC59001 Imperial Crown 2 Door Hardtop 1959 Persian Pink NEW TOOLING

That Dodge pick up will be on my list. The Chrysler Woody was a little bit too rare.

Pictures in here ...oops cannot post pdf here. Anyway tomorrow check Oxford website

Looking forward to seeing them all. Recently read a magazine article (with photos) about an unrestored survivor 1942 Chrysler Town & Country "barrel back" woody wagon like the one announced. The original owner was a commercial motion picture photographer and used it for hauling the photography equipment to photo shoots (probably military training films, early TV commercials for local businesses and educational or technical films). Being a '42, it was a "Blackout" model with most of the trim painted rather than chrome plated. Any 1942 American car would be rare, but as the original owner needed the vehicle for a business, they would have had priority over someone needing a car for personal use (prior to the complete halt to civilian car production in early '42). The company car was used consistently through the mid 50's, then stored in a down town Cleveland warehouse till the mid 60's when it was sold to the current owner. The car still wears painted lettering on the front doors advertising the company name. I think I could find a use on my layout for one.
By the way, a total of 999 Town & Country barrel back woody wagons were built for the 1942 model year including 150 in six passenger form and 849 in 9 passenger form. Despite the short model year, the 1942 T&C production beat the 1941 production by three cars.

Last edited:

Back