2018 Christmas Villages

Gary B

The Fox Valley Railroad
It's that time of year again so I thought I would start a thread for all members to show off their Christmas themed villages or other decorative displays. Here's mine. It features the Bachmann On3 Trolley.
DSCF6641.JPG
DSCF6645.JPG
DSCF6659.JPG
DSCF6661.JPG
DSCF6670.JPG

It did not come like that, no. I removed three rows of branches and then fitted it with three plywood circles covered in white felt. Pretty simple to make, really. :)

Last edited:
Love the Christmas Gardens, nice work guys. It's been a while since I did one, but we travel to spend Christmas with the Grandchildren, so it's up to my son to provide one.

I'll post some pictures in here after I get things ready. I'm hoping by Christmas Eve. I have 4 trees decorated and 1 village kind of complete.

I'll never be able to compete with Gary, but that's ok. The Fox Valley Railroad is legendary!

No village but I made a Christmas train for the office layout. Sorry for the shakiness. Took a tripod in with a real camera but it was worse than this one with a phone camera.
That is one of the best HO Christmas trains I have ever seen. I love those custom made cars!

Shake? You must not watch many YouTube model railroad videos. Great video, thanks for sharing it.

You must not watch many YouTube model railroad videos. Great video, thanks for sharing it.
No, I usually avoid videos. Used to be bandwidth, but now mostly as part of a revolt against the new generation's thought that "I don't need to know anything (including how to read or follow directions), because I can watch a video".

No, I usually avoid videos. Used to be bandwidth, but now mostly as part of a revolt against the new generation's thought that "I don't need to know anything (including how to read or follow directions), because I can watch a video".
That's a reaction to how mostly pointless and worthless manuals have gotten. When I was a kid, if something came with a manual, it was reasonable to expect it to be written in English rather than in a foreign language and poorly translated into English with most of the points screwed up in translation.

Anyways, nice job on the cars. Perhaps next year, I'll have my own custom built cars for the season rather than just running a stock set.

My goal was to have 4 Christmas trees with trains and villages, but I fell short. "A bridge too far?"
From my front porch
1545907921594.png

1545907845192.png

1545906907107.png

1545906962406.png

1545907730059.png

The front porch layout uses Lionel's O31 FasTrack. Only recently, thanks to the Iron Horsemen, did I learn of the historic significance of Lionel's O31 tubular track.

From my basement
1545907088850.png

This is not a very good picture. I did not capture all of the buildings and the trolley. I will follow up with more pictures later.

I have two more Trees, with trains and villages, but one is not yet complete and the other is now obstructed by Christmas presents. Once again I will follow up with more pictures.

Louis...Very nice display! Ive wanted a Christmas train for a while, and have never seemed to get it done.

Back