NorthBrit

Leaving Roseville Station.

IMG_2044.JPG

Passenger and freight trains pass at Leeds Sovereign Street Station

IMG_5107.JPG

Steam Crane at Clarence Dock.

IMG_2109.JPG

Last edited:
When I run steam engines they are set in a timeframe of 1914/1919. No horrors of war, just train movements that would happen a small area of England.

A Northbound freight train passing Roseville Station.

IMG_2041.JPG

A Leeds Central to Dewsbury two carriage local train. The carriages are in Lancashire & Yorkshire livery. The first one is a four wheeled All 3rd Class, the rear one a Brake 3rd Class.

IMG_2072.JPG

A Southbound Troop Train of part of the Scottish Borderers Regiment. The first two carriages are North British Railway liveried ones.

IMG_2104.JPG

Thank you for your kind comments, beiland and Sirfoldalot.

Early morning at Clarence Dock Goods Yard

IMG_2117.JPG

Boxes of guns and ammunition on the dock at T&J Harrison, Small Arms Manufacturer

IMG_4877.JPG

A Kirkstall Forge KF1 Railgun and train heading South. Railguns were used in The Great War to protect coastal towns from enemy warships.

IMG_4888.JPG

Last edited:
Have they just arrived at Roseville Station, or going somewhere? My youngest granddaughter bought me the model car three years ago. She is now 6 years old and still likes to see it on the layout.

IMG_2132.JPG

'After the rain'. Puddles and ground drying with wet patches. It is 1914/1919, so a Victorian six sided red post box is seen.
The 'puddles' are simply clear varnish with a thin piece of plastic covering it. The patches of 'wet ground' is clear varnish again, leaving areas untouched to give the effect of dry ground.

IMG_5475.JPG

Some days I just like to run my bigger steam engines.

LMS 6149 'Lady of the Lake'.
IMG_1991.JPG

LMS 6233 'Duchess of Sutherland'. The real locomotive can still be seen today on 'Steam Specials'

IMG_1992.JPG

'Duchess of Sutherland' and train passing Charlie Marston's Yard.

IMG_1994.JPG

Another locomotive where the real one can still be seen today, LMS 5699 'Galatea' at Roseville Station.

IMG_1997.JPG

The crane at Clarence Dock

IMG_5845.JPG

Railway Companies (in the U.K.) had Directors' Saloons. Here is one such Directors' Saloon converted from a normal four wheeled carriage. Some of the windows have been altered by removing some supports to widen the windows.

IMG_5861.JPG

When it all began. 'Rocket' on the layout. I am looking for suitable old time driver and fireman to complete the locomotive. Here is 'Rocket' at Roseville Station.

IMG_1944.JPG

-- And leaving.

IMG_1945.JPG

Leeds Sovereign Street Yard. Outside Hudson Ward Flour Millers a Company wagon has been unloaded of grain and the doors being fastened.

IMG_3223 (2).JPG

A last tram of the night returning to the depot at Swinegate which was next to Sovereign Street.

IMG_3230.JPG

A Leeds to Wetherby train arriving at Leeds Sovereign Street Station

IMG_3232.JPG

Land in city centers is expensve hence an enclosed feeling. Passenger and goods trains pass at Leeds Sovereign Street Station.

IMG_2797.JPG

A Kirkstall & East Seacroft Railway passenger train arriving at Sovereign Street.

IMG_2802.JPG

The same train now passing Canal Corner.

IMG_2809.JPG

A Northbound train of tankers passing Canal Corner.

IMG_2945.JPG

The same train at Leeds Sovereign Street Station. It is passing a Leeds Central to Wetherby freight train.

IMG_2947.JPG

My grandchildren have 'outgrown' Thomas and Friends. The carriage seen here is 'Annie' repainted in Lancashire and Yorkshire railway livery.

IMG_2954.JPG

I support the rebuild and preservation of Medway Queen Paddle Steamer. (Medway Queen Preservation Society). A way of attracting funds a limited run on model railway vehicles is done annually.
Here are some I have purchased.

At Leeds Sovereign Street Station

IMG_1973.JPG

And again

IMG_1980.JPG

At Clarence Dock

IMG_1986.JPG

End of the line at Clarence Dock

IMG_1933.JPG

Thanks for looking

The Grandchildren no longer want to run any Thomas the Tank items, so I have altered 'Percy' into a locomotive of The Kirkstall & East Seacroft livery and renamed it 'Zephyrus'. Here it is at Roseville Station with the morning train of staff for the National Filling Factory at Barnbow, Seacroft.

IMG_2200.JPG

Shorty after, here is the morning train from Leeds Central to Wetherby. The train will have staff mainly for Blackburn's Aircraft Factory near Oakwood.

IMG_2201.JPG

Thanks for looking

David

Last edited:
When the grandchildren visit things take a different turn to normal.
Halloween is fast approaching. The 'happy ghost of Sovereign Street' is about.
Here he is near Clarence Dock Goods Yard.

IMG_2457.JPG

Now at his favourite 'haunt' Leeds Sovereign Street.

IMG_2456.JPG

David

Back