2 in 1 Does Go - Diesels

Beautiful work!! One question what does "2 in 1 Does Go" mean???

Thank you for your comment logansawman.

When I first built the layout I only ran diesels set in a timeframe 1968/1974.

Then my grandchildren joined in. To make it easy for them I bought some Thomas the Tank items and other four wheeled locomotives, wagons and carriages.

Now they want to run my diesels, which is okay. But I was left with the steam locomotives etc.

At the time the grandchildren changed to running the diesels I was reading a book about Railways in the Great War.

I was fascinated to what I read. No horrors of war. Just logistics of train movements in the U.K. The layout running little steam engines etc. in a timeframe 1914/1919 was born.

Research into the trains that ran around Leeds both 1914 and 1970 is fun and sometimes amazing facts arising.

I now have two timeframes to the same layout. Depending how I feel I can run steam engines or diesels when I want. 2 in 1 Does Go :)

Jimmy Rickleton is working on his generator.

IMG_5902 (2).JPG

At Calls Junction a Leeds Central to York local train passes

IMG_5908.JPG

A view from the control area.

IMG_5875.JPG

New scenery added at Canal Corner.

IMG_5870.JPG

Class 47 47515 'Andrew Carnegie' arriving at Roseville Station. Ken, the gardener takes time out from tidying the garden and watches. British red squirrells are in the garden. Felix the Station Cat is resting himself on the garden shed.

IMG_2148.JPG

47515 waits at the signal for clearance to proceed.

IMG_2149.JPG

The train continues on to York.

IMG_2150.JPG

'A drop of oil here. A drop of oil there.' Class 47 'Ariadne' receving some attention.

IMG_2225.JPG

Class 25 25218 with a Leeds Central to York local service leaving Roseville Station. On the garden shed two cats taking in the last of the evening sun.

IMG_2228.JPG

After the recent storm Matt Summers stops tidying the garden to watch Class 55 Gordon Highlander pass.

IMG_2232.JPG

Class 47 47404 'Hadrian' passes Charlie Marston's Yard on a northbound Military Train.

IMG_2318.JPG

As some already know my grandchildren join in with me in the train room. They bought me a tank to run on a train. A little overscale, but who cares. It travels the layout well.

IMG_2327.JPG

David

To make operations more interesting for my (now older) grandchildren I decided to dismantle Crown Point Diesel Yard. In its place a new freight yard has been built (as was the real one). When I had finished relaying track I made a massive error in that traffic could not go to Leeds Sovereign Street. 😮

Therefore a new plan had to be made. A new entrance/dparture line to the yard had to be made.

IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

A small diesel refuelling area had to be incorporated.

IMG_2517.JPG

A three-way point added to access and depart the yard.

IMG_2568.JPG

Services back to normal.
The real freight yard was called Hunslet Lane Goods Yard. As this is just a representation I have named it Crown Point Yard.

IMG_2570.JPG

Now one of my grandchildren can accept, make up and despatch freight. Also with the refuelling facility, more enjoyment in operations is achieved.

David

Last edited:
DAVID - What can I sAY! Two Thumbs Up On All Accounts. Love the fact that your kids and G-kids all contribute ... that is wonderful.
Charlie's Salvage gets my vote for one of the best subjects ever on a model RR layout and the execution thereof!

DAVID - What can I sAY! Two Thumbs Up On All Accounts. Love the fact that your kids and G-kids all contribute ... that is wonderful.
Charlie's Salvage gets my vote for one of the best subjects ever on a model RR layout and the execution thereof!

Thank you for your kind words, Sirfoldalot.

We keep the running of trains fun, threfore the grandchildren 'keep returning'. :cool:

David

Last edited:
Youngest grandson is here for a couple of days. The running of trains are not quite to timetable. :D

A Leeds Central to Dewsbury DMU arriving at Leeds Sovereign Street Station.

IMG_2641.JPG

Containers at Sovereign Street.

IMG_2642.JPG

Class 142 'Nodding Donkey' on a Leeds Central to Wetherby service seen here after leaving Roseville Station

IMG_2122.JPG

David

Last edited:
To make operations more interesting for my (now older) grandchildren I decided to dismantle Crown Point Diesel Yard. In its place a new freight yard has been built (as was the real one). When I had finished relaying track I made a massive error in that traffic could not go to Leeds Sovereign Street. 😮

Therefore a new plan had to be made. A new entrance/dparture line to the yard had to be made.

View attachment 164837

View attachment 164838

A small diesel refuelling area had to be incorporated.

View attachment 164839

A three-way point added to access and depart the yard.

View attachment 164845

Services back to normal.
The real freight yard was called Hunslet Lane Goods Yard. As this is just a representation I have named it Crown Point Yard.

View attachment 164846

Now one of my grandchildren can accept, make up and despatch freight. Also with the refuelling facility, more enjoyment in operations is achieved.

David
Interesting layout that with large power in small space. Only comment i have is to weather the rails. That would totally change the look and add prototypical spice to your railroad. I like the black and white shots.

Interesting layout that with large power in small space. Only comment i have is to weather the rails. That would totally change the look and add prototypical spice to your railroad. I like the black and white shots.

It has been mentioned to me previously to weather the rails.
I'll give a small section 'a go' and see how successful it is. (Notice the positivity). 🤣

David

Back