2 in 1 Does Go - Diesels

NorthBrit

Watching the trains.

IMG_5132.JPG

Freight train passing Crown Point Yard

IMG_5173.JPG

Evening at Calls Junction.

IMG_5855.JPG

When I run diesels the timeframe is 1968/1970s. Hence one layout with two timeframes.

Class 47 locomotive waiting at Crown Point Junction for clearance to go to Leeds Central Station for its next turn of duty. Timber/lumber Yard behind. 45t crane rests in the yard.
IMG_2008.JPG

45T crane off on a journey South.

IMG_1969.JPG

Class 47 with a train of hoppers

IMG_1940.JPG

Thank you for your kind comment, Sirfoldalot.

Class 27 with a York to Leeds Central local train passing Charlie Marston's Scrap Yard.

IMG_2126.JPG

Class 26 with a Leeds Central to Castleford local train passing Crown Point Yard

IMG_2128.JPG

A Dewsbury Market Place to Leeds Central DMU at Leeds Sovereign Street Station.

IMG_5033.JPG

A view from the cotrol area. A Class 47 locomotive with a Northbound train of containers passing Charlie Marston's Yard.

IMG_5793.JPG

As a Leeds Central to Dewsbury Market Place DMU passes the level crossing, the driver of the road vehicle is being given directions.

IMG_5823.JPG

A light snowfall at Leeds Sovereign Street Station. Class 25 25237 passes with a train of empty cattle wagons

IMG_5828.JPG

Thank you, Chris. I am trying to have scenes showing 'After the rain' at Clarence Dock. 'A little snow' at Leeds Sovereign Street Station. Summertime for the remainder of the layout.
Just trying to be a little different to other layouts.

Overall view of Crown Point Yard. The real Crown Point Yard has now closed and is a shopping mall. But this is 1970s and is still a railroad yard.

IMG_2131.JPG

I do not normally weather my items, but I thought I would try on a parcels vehicle. (I have never seen a clean one.) My wife gave me some old make-up powders, so 'had a go'.

IMG_5072.JPG

During the recent storms Clarence Dock and goods yard was flooded with 1-1 rain. Fortunately the problem has now been rectified. A Class 56 is traveling the yard checking everything is okay. Now to bury the'feet fittings'.

IMG_5789.JPG

In real life there were 22 Class 55 locomotives built. They were named after Racehorses and famous Regiments of the British Army.
I wanted one named after the Regiment my father was in. Therefore the locomotive 9th Queen's Royal Lancers was 'born'. Its number follows after the other 22 being 55023. Here she is on her way to be refuelled at Crown Point Yard. Matt Summers watches from his garden.

IMG_5213.JPG

The 45t crane rests in the yard. It is an Anglicised Kleinbahn of Austria model

IMG_5490.JPG

The Royal Ordnance Factory at Barnbow, Leeds was built in 1936. They continued building Military Hardware into the 1980s Here is a train of Bofors Guns passing Leeds Sovereign Street Station

IMG_5696.JPG

'Clarice' the canal boat with young Tommy watching intently. His dog 'Rex' beside him. Three hares and a badger have joied the scene.

IMG_E2819.JPG

New acquisition Class 37 newly painted blue and named 'Glencairn'. Still needing its number 37026 to be applied

IMG_3051.JPG

rd

Class 47 47515 'Night Mail' with a overnight diverted 'Up Postal' train passing Charlie Marston's Yard

IMG_5933.JPG

Class 52 D1057 Western Chieftain on the viaduct leaving Leeds Central Station. The real vaduct splits in two on leaving the station. The one that turns left is abourt haf a mile long and heads to Crown Point and South. The other heads West and is over five miles long'

IMG_2640.JPG

A Leeds Central to Seacroft Class 121 passing Canal Corner.

IMG_2554.JPG

A Leeds Central to Wakefield Kirkgate DMU near the Junction.

IMG_2654.JPG

I have five grandchildren and all have been involved with the layout since they were three years of age.

When they visit they like to join in.

My younger granddaughter. A 'train nut'.

IMG_4089.JPG

Grandson number 2 and elder Granddaughter.

IMG_5554.JPG

Having fun

IMG_5555.JPG

Elder Granddaughter with her trainset she has here.

IMG_5541.JPG

Her trainset.

IMG_5591.JPG

I have five grandchildren and all have been involved with the layout since they were three years of age.

When they visit they like to join in.

My younger granddaughter. A 'train nut'.

View attachment 143734

Grandson number 2 and elder Granddaughter.

View attachment 143735

Having fun

View attachment 143736

Elder Granddaughter with her trainset she has here.

View attachment 143737

Her trainset.

View attachment 143738
The grandkids are layout accessories that make any layout more fun!

Space in a City Centre is a premiunm price. A Leeds Central to York local train appears to squeeze past the water tower and T&J Harrison Small Arms Manufactureres buildings.

IMG_1932.JPG

Classes 55 52 and 47 on shed at Crown Point Yard

IMG_1977.JPG

Class 47 'Sir Rowland Hill' on a diverted 'Down Postal' passing Charlie Marston's Yard.

IMG_2006.JPG

Class 56 locomotive on a short Leeds Stourton to Follingsby (near Newcastle) Freightliner service. A change of locomotive will take place at Leeds Goods Yard.

IMG_2133.JPG

The same train now with a Class 25 locomotive loco in charge.

IMG_2140.JPG

A diverted Edinburgh to Leeds Central 'North Briton' Pullman service. The class 55 locomotive was recently purchased second hand at a really cheap price. I think the fact it was missing its bufferstops was the reason because it runs really well. Since this hotograh was taken the locomotive has been renumbered, renamed and bufferstops applied.

IMG_2141.JPG

Back