1/87th Vehicles

Ending up fixing one of the hotwheels 1:87 mustangs, since the rims are more like 21inchers, I put some 16's on:

DSC08403B.png

One compared to a model power bmw 330 cic:

Dsc08393.png

The Mustang looks great, cept that metalflake doesn't scale out. Considering a repaint???

Wally world is now carrying Norscot construction stuff pre weathered! Looks pretty good! I got a Cat315cl excavator today. 5 bucks! Cool!

The Mustang looks great, cept that metalflake doesn't scale out. Considering a repaint???

Wally world is now carrying Norscot construction stuff pre weathered! Looks pretty good! I got a Cat315cl excavator today. 5 bucks! Cool!
Well it is a macro shot, it doesnt look that bad from further away :D

I was in my local WM yesterday & they were selling the Hotwheels 1/87th for 50 cents ea. they only had 4 left, but I don't need any. Anyway I was talking to the toy dept. mgr. & she said that there's a new line of 1/87th vehicles coming out sometimes in Nov. or Dec. She said it was a new company. Nothing they've sold before. I wonder?
Since I quit WM in 2007 I rarely go into one anymore & if I do I always look in toys to see what's new. I noticed that the new matchbox garbage trucks & roll up dumpster & firetrucks has a new color on some of their line. Plus, I saw a big bulldozer there & that's new. Matchbox vehicles has some nice all metal farm tractors & 2 new semi-tractors in 1/87th.

I,ve just come back from 2 weeks holiday in Pennsylvania, and whilst I was there, I visited two different Walmarts, plus the local Toys R Us.One Wm had no 1/87 cars at all, nor any Norscot construction vehicles, the other had just a couple of the Hotwheels 1/87 cars, a few left over Malibu 5 car sets, and some Norscot vehicles.I already had the Malibu vehicles, so I just bought one of the Hotwheel cars, a Porche, plus a Norscot wheel loader, that came pre-weathered.
In the Toys R Us, I found a few of the Hotwheels cars but only liked the Plymouth Speedbird. I really wanted a 1/87 Batmobile, but never saw a single one/
It seems like Wm is no longer restocking the Malibu cars, as the last time I was over in 2007 I could have bought as many boxes as I wanted.
Ron

I was in WM yesterday & the asst. mgr. told me the 1/87th that was supposed to come out in Nov. or Dec. has been cancelled by corporate because of slow sales from the previous lineup. He said it took all of the stores toooo long to get rid of what they had in 2006 & 2007. Seems like Norscott is being handled in the full line by all John Deere stores in their toy line. They also carry a lot of the Athearn tractors, etc. Not discounted in there. Saw some of the Nascar cars in WM & they have gone back up to the original price of $3.97 ea. For awhile they were selling for $1.00 ea. in my area. Some of the 1/64th semi's have 1/87th vehicles on their lowboys. have to look hard to see them.
I see the Matchbox dump trucks(1/87th) have come out w/some new colors.
The Northern Tool stores are getting a bunch of their 1/87th in for Christmas, so is Tractor Supply.

I got some clearance items from the Wal-marts around my area.

A Norsot 1:87 loader for $1.03 CDN

The semi's (Truck,trailer and Grader) that sell for $25.00 on Epray were going for $6.97 CDN

Matchbox Arial Ladder

The Matchbox trucks are some of the nicest Matchboxes yet. They are a littli too big for H.O. scale, but workable. I got the ladder truck. I'm currently trying to figure out how to change the wheels on it!!!I'm not the biggest Pierce Quantum fan, I think the fronts are UGLY, but, It'll do.

I was looking at some of those Matchbox trucks when I was over in Pennsylvania during September, but I did,nt get any, however my girlfriend will be coming to England for Christmas, so she,ll bring me a garbage truck:)
I,ve been looking for the same trucks over here,but I think they must be just a US range.
I have found a good supply of vehicles from my local toystore, a German range of diecast vehicles http://www.siku.de/en/sikumodelle/2/liebherr-four-wheel-loader.html

Ron

Ron, what do the prices run on the Siku? Some are quite expensive here.
http://truckstopmodels.com/catalog/...id=93&osCsid=f183e2680e119e24ac7993a28d200f90

I really want to order 3 or 4 of the Siku MAN articulated buses, as there are quite a number of them in CA.

The four wheel loader cost about $16.50, I bought one last weekend, and I think its a better quality model than the Norscot one.My local toystore do have some of those buses in stock, I,ll find out how much they are, when I next go in, but,they are not 1/87 scale.
Ron

Ron, what do the prices run on the Siku? Some are quite expensive here.
http://truckstopmodels.com/catalog/...id=93&osCsid=f183e2680e119e24ac7993a28d200f90

I really want to order 3 or 4 of the Siku MAN articulated buses, as there are quite a number of them in CA.

The buses work out to about $7.43 each, they are not marked up as any particular sale, but I think they might work on a 1/87 scale raiload.
The toystore only has two buses in stock, but they have only recently started to stock Siku vehicles, so I,m sure they would get more from the Siku range.
Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

Back