1/87th Vehicles

Anything new on 1/87th vehicles that I need to know about? Haven't found anything new at WM lately, just the weathered Cat vehicles. I can weather my own a lot cheaper than $9.97 ea.

Speaking of River Point Station..Picked up a couple for some MOW trucks on my layout. Only have two stripped so far.
019.jpg

Nice UP hi-rail truck! I've only decaled one of my RPS trucks, for BNSF, so far. Need to buy a few more and decal them for UP & BNSF...

Found a new color for the Hotwheels Roadster in 1/87th vehicles at my WM last week.
It's better looking than the Blue & Black one. This one is a 2 tone. I found out from the dept. mgr. in Toys at my store that there are some new vehicles coming out for our scale. Guess I'll have to go more often. I hardly ever go to a WM since I quit them in 2007.

I was in my local Wally World today and found the Matchbox Real Working Rigs. They had a pretty good selection of trucks, including the fire-ladder truck in both yellow and red schemes, a heavy duty tow truck, and flatbed carrier-tow truck, a dump truck, a roll on/off dumpster truck, cabover cement truck and the waste management garbage truck. $4.49 retail and scale wise are exactly like comparable Boley Rigs.

I got one of the smaller Matchbox garbage trucks at Walmart for 99 cents. With some repainting and detailing, they look pretty good and appear to be very close to HO scale.

I was in a Kmart today in NC & found some cheap Norscot Cat equipment. The stuff WM use to sell. It was a buck cheaper. Also, found some of the Matchbox semi tractors that I had bought at the WM in my town. Buck a piece. Also, bought 3 of the smaller Skidders in Norscot in the smaller scale, but, they sure do look like HO & as soon as I get home I'm going to set them next to some of my semi's to see if they will work. $1.99 ea. Cat models.
The WM here & the one in Sylva had a lot of the Hotwheels 1/87th for a buck a piece. Seems theres not much in train layouts around these parts. The WM stores say they never sell any of their 1/87th stuff. Even found a JD Bachmann set that someone had stole the engine out of it.

Was in my local WM today & found some new Norscott 1/87th Cat loaders, graders & doziers for $3.00 ea. & the weathered ones were down to $5.00 ea.
Also, the 1/87th Hotwheels were down to 75 cents ea. & the dept. mgr. said that if they didn't sell by this weekend they were dropping the price to 50 cents ea.
I've noticed lately on EBay those cars are selling for 8 to 15 bucks a piece. Also, they are selling a lot of the Matchbox trucks for $20.00 ea.

Was in my local WM today & found some new Norscott 1/87th Cat loaders, graders & doziers for $3.00 ea. & the weathered ones were down to $5.00 ea.
Also, the 1/87th Hotwheels were down to 75 cents ea. & the dept. mgr. said that if they didn't sell by this weekend they were dropping the price to 50 cents ea.
I've noticed lately on EBay those cars are selling for 8 to 15 bucks a piece. Also, they are selling a lot of the Matchbox trucks for $20.00 ea.

ooooo ill check in with my local walmarts in the next couple days, i could use some more cheapo equipment for scenes in the backrounds :D

thanks for the heads up Larry

Josh, Did they ever come out w/one at WM in the Fresh Cheeries? I never saw one & I checked all the time> What about that "on-line" company that was selling the same stuff? I use to get an email from them quite often, but, haven't for quite some time. Did they go under?

Fresh Cherries HO seems to be gone from all wal*marts, along with Reel Rides. The plain Malibu cars are harder to find (at least out here), with hot wheels HO being the most common. The bat mobile is a Hot Wheels model.

OK, I didn't know the Batmobile was Hotwheels. maybe U could contact Hotwheels(matell) & find out if they ever made it.

I haven't seen any of the Fresh Cherries or Malibu's for many months except on Ebay & they get big bucks for them on there.

Guy's, Walthers is the US distributor for Fresh Cherries and Malibu now.If you want to find them at Wally World visit Canada.

Back