1/87th Vehicles

When you put a police car on a layout does anyone actually pay attention to the correct lite bar configuration, unless your a cop? LOL

I also try to be correct with my light bars on equipment. River Point Station has announced that they will be releasing a new non working LED light bar later this year when they release the new Emergency Service Ford Expeditions.

I really have to say that I have been impressed with the River Point Station models. They are certainly a welcome addition to the industry. They also recently announced a new agreement to make Toyota models.

Larry, being an ex-cop helps. :) You'd be surprised at how much these small details make a difference. For example, Nevada fire trucks and ambulances commonly have red and blue lightbars. In California, blue is reserved exclusively for law enforcement so fire trucks and ambulances have red light bars. If you're modeling a California based layout and want to set up an emergency vehicle scene, fire trucks and ambulances with red and blue light bars wouldn't look right but most viewers couldn't tell you exactly what it is that doesn't look right. Imagine a scene with the Florida Highway Patrol but the cars all had red light bars. Do you think you'd notice?

I also try to be correct with my light bars on equipment. River Point Station has announced that they will be releasing a new non working LED light bar later this year when they release the new Emergency Service Ford Expeditions.

I really have to say that I have been impressed with the River Point Station models. They are certainly a welcome addition to the industry. They also recently announced a new agreement to make Toyota models.

I'm excited to hear that. I have a ridiculous amount of HO vehicles, but I still don't own any River Point Station vehicles.

I also have bought several Model Power patrol cars. I wish they'd come out with a more updated black and white version with the front and back doors white like the LAPD. I plan on getting a couple Rikko chargers and removing the lightbar and putting that lightbar on a blank model power.

Question bout the river point station trucks and cars, do the wheels roll on these cars?

Question bout the river point station trucks and cars, do the wheels roll on these cars?

Copied from their website:

All models are non-operating, highly detailed, and factory assembled. Models
feature precisely molded ABS plastic components, authentic paint, and either
painted or low-luster plated, simulated-chrome finish grille, bumpers, and wheels,
as appropriate. Models include tinted clear window inserts and pre-colored
interiors, as well as a detailed chassis. All parts are held together by friction fit, and
may be carefully disassembled for repainting and detailing. All variants are also available as undecorated kits.

I also have bought several Model Power patrol cars. I wish they'd come out with a more updated black and white version with the front and back doors white like the LAPD. I plan on getting a couple Rikko chargers and removing the lightbar and putting that lightbar on a blank model power.

I believe they do. Don't take my word for it though.

Picked up 2 chop top Mercs at WallyWorld yesterday, Hotwheels 1:87, one gray , one white.
The gray one reminds me of the car Stallone drove in the movie COBRA. I bought the white one because of the awesome flame job!
Here the local punks are backing into a space at the diner.

Attachments

• merc.jpg
    merc.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 273
Love those Merc's. Waiting for the Civic SI myself, more of the staple of modern SOCAL car culture...

I grabbed one of the Civic's, I removed the stupid wing, painted the rims silver and got rid of the gold striping. Now it looks good BUT hot wheels made it too big for 1:87 scale.

Finally found a dump truck, fire truck & a wrecker this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back