1/87th Vehicles

Here is a idea...we need to get Malibu, MotorMax, or Hot Wheels interested in doing a line of 4X4 SUV and Pickups in 1/87th scale. Personally I'd like to see the Jeep Wrangle and Cherokee, Toyota 4 Runner and Tacoma, Nissan Pathfinder, Chevy Silverado and Jimmy, Ford F350 and Explorer, and a Dodge Dakota and Durango. I think you could sell the idea of the line fairly easy because the 4x4 concept will have mass market appeal.

Very much so Ted, I could use the F350, Explorer, Jmmy & Silverado's (the most) for RR vehicles, and well, all of them for the roads. I need more "common" cars, and less of the vipers, Ferrari's and Porches, lol.

Here is a idea...we need to get Malibu, MotorMax, or Hot Wheels interested in doing a line of 4X4 SUV and Pickups in 1/87th scale. Personally I'd like to see the Jeep Wrangle and Cherokee, Toyota 4 Runner and Tacoma, Nissan Pathfinder, Chevy Silverado and Jimmy, Ford F350 and Explorer, and a Dodge Dakota and Durango. I think you could sell the idea of the line fairly easy because the 4x4 concept will have mass market appeal.

Hey Guys:

If everything is still on schedule the RiverPointStation 2008 F250 and 350's should be @ local dealers by the middle of sept:) , but the 2006 Explorer is on
hold for a little bit:mad: .

You can check thier web for the dealers www.riverpointstation.com .

They look pretty cool with different varieties. Not like the old Bachman packs the SAME six cars the SAME colors remember that? I think the pick-up truck line would be great:) I worked at th UP East LA yard and the had different work vehicles. A Chevy dooley, S-10 pick-up, Jeep Cherokee, and a Ford Explorer. Some had the UP shield and other didn't also white in color.

Went to WM yesterday picked up the 1/87 Hot Wheels Ferrari. This store still had the Norscott Cats' for $5- on the clearance aisle. I hope they come out with a second line and add more retro cars:D

I finally found some 1/87 hotwheels at my local Wallyworld.
Ended up with the purple passion and beetle.
Also, I've been buying up those Construction Minis by Norscot.
I think the excavator and backhoe are great for modeling the smaller units you find at equipment rental shops.

The Norscott prices that were'nt supposed to be lowered until after Christmas went down today to $3.50 from $5. I told the asst. mgr. over toys that when they went down to 2 bucks or below I would buy them all. There's about 15 left right now. They still haven't put any of the cars on clearance yet, but they said they probably will in about 2 weeks.
I heard today that WM is going to start handling the ERTL 1/87th line like they did about 4 years ago w/the 1/64th size. Those will probably be a little higher in price than the Norscott. They are usually a lot more detailed.
I still haven't been able to find out when the new P/U line of vehicles will be coming out. That was supposed to happen right after the Malibu cars 1st came out.

Larry

I have a question about the Norscot mini tractors. Are they supposed to be H.O. scale mini tractors, or N scale full size tractors??? I bought 3 with the idea that they'd be H.O. mini . I got the excavator, the front end loader, and the loader/backhoe combo. I have actually seen mini construction equipment around, especially excavators and the loader/backhoe, but are there mini front end loaders in 1:1 scale???

I have a question about the Norscot mini tractors. Are they supposed to be H.O. scale mini tractors, or N scale full size tractors???

Hey Rock4329,
I think those mini bulldozers are good enough for H.O. and the excavator and backhoe will pass as smaller equipment found at rental places.
I've bought a few of them myself.

The ones in the boxes are not N, nor HO, but close to both in some ways. They're just designed to fit into those plastic boxes.

Does anybody know if you can get the General Lee, or at least a Dodge Charger, in 1/87 scale? I want to use one on my layout, and can only find then in 1/60.

Suggestions appreciated.

Joseph.

The ONLY Charger I've seen in H.O. scale is the one from CLASSIC METAL WORKS, and I believe it is a 1967 or 68 Charger, not a "69.

Just had a look. Darn, what a difference a year makes! Curse the sonofagun who invented the fastback! Oh well, I'll keep trawling. Thanks for the link, anyhow.

You know, with all my 1:87 searching, I've not yet seen a '69 Charger, maybe we can get it in the Reel Rides line next year sometime?

Model Power has a 1969 Oldsmobile 442, that you might be able to "pass" as a Charger. OR you could buy the Ricko 2006 Charger. :rolleyes: :p

Was in my WM this morning & saw the new car & camper sets. Some diff. cars than the last batch that came out. They still haven't lowered the price on any of the Norscot stuff yet. But, they have sold everything except the bulldozers @$3.50 ea.
Also, WM has their Christmas tree lites out in the Garden Center. There's a whole new bunch of L.E.D. lites out this year. I bought some mini's that would be great for structure lighting. They're about 1/4" long & 1/4" in diameter. There's 60 to a string. 4.8 watts-& U get 2 xtra bulbs.
Cost is $7.34. Last year I bought the larger LED lites & waited about a week & went back to get another one & they were all sold out. So, if you see them & there's about 6 diff. kinds, better get'm while they're hot.

Larry

The WM's I've been in out here are still struggling with Halloween . No Christmas set yet and Norsccotts' are still $5- A lot of bulldozers and excavators

@breadandsteel: thanks for the link. The car looks a bit cheesy, but if I can;'t find anyhting else, I'm sure I'll make do. Cheers.

Joseph.

Back