1/87th Vehicles

Model Power ( NEW CARS!!)

I was looking through this months Model Railroader, and found out that M.P. has come out with a 1968 Chevy El Camino, and a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda !!!! I'll be getting these!!!

All I want now are a 1979/80 Z28 Camaro, a 1969 Hardtop Z28 Camaro, a 1969/70 AMC AMX, a AMC SCrambler, and finally, a 1970 AMC Machine !!!!

I want to get one of those Cuda's and the El Camino. They've been releasing some nice cars there...

Does anyone know where I can get a few of those "HO" Blue Bird school buses on the IHC S1800 chassis by herpa/concor? they seem to be rather sparse

UPS truck and Cessna 172

Here are some pictures of the new Norscot UPS Delivery truck and Model Power Cessna 172 I picked up recently.

DSC05577.png

DSC05578.png

DSC05581.png

DSC05582.png

DSC05583.png

DSC05585.png

DSC05576.png

Yeah, Mark, Ditto on; Where did you get the UPS van? Gotta have a bunch of those. Bet, they ain't cheap?
Oh, forgot, how about the Cessna, where'd ya git that?

I picked both up at my distributor. The UPS truck is $20 and Cessna is $12. I think the Cessna is a deal compared to $46 for the Herpa model. As for the UPS truck it retails for $29.95 but what do you expect with the UPS Licensing Fee's. I have a few extras if anyone is interested.

The UPS truck is nice, but not worth the money in my eye, the truck lacks the off white roof, and the silver rings on the rims, two HUGE UPS details...

The UPS truck is nice, but not worth the money in my eye, the truck lacks the off white roof, and the silver rings on the rims, two HUGE UPS details...

Well the only thing this truck lacks is the silver rings on the hubs, as for the white roof this particular model in real life doesnt have that feature so the is actually correct. now I know that the White roof version is more common and I think that is what the Walthers version has.

271.jpg

The problem with that truck, is it's a short truck, notice the single rear axle. Most short trucks do not have the composite roof. This Norscot model makes for a decent stand in for that truck though, due to the roof color.

I have photos of 3 styles of the classic UPS package van, none have been without a composite roof, but it seems in some version of the short truck, they have a solid roof. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll have to watch for it now.

Only problem I see is that most if not all of the trucks have been retrofited with the Fiberglass roof. SO in the older scheme this truck might be correct but in todays modern scheme its doubtful. I will try and see how hard it would be to strip the logos off and redecal it with the older globe decals which I have a bunch of. So my opinion is that the truck is correct for as delivered but not the current version.

Mark that UPS unit is sweet! Having a "Buster Brown" unloading packages from the interior would make a nice scene, I'd take one if you still have an extra.
That plane is pretty good too, how does it scale out with a figure next to it?
Josh I believe you meant single rear wheels and not axles?

Mark that UPS unit is sweet! Having a "Buster Brown" unloading packages from the interior would make a nice scene, I'd take one if you still have an extra.

I have a bunch of the UPS trucks to get rid of and the plane scales out to HO scale on the major dimensions that I measured with some calipers. Comparing the Wingspan, Body Length, and hight to the actual planes dimensions scaled out within a couple scale inches. The only problem with the Cessna is its diecast and wont sit level by itself as the tail is heavy and picks the nose up. It would have to be glued down.

I like the way the new UPS truck looks but if it was the older version with the solid top then the logo would be wrong. Didn't UPS change the logo a few years back and I think what is on the truck is the new one. I still think it looks good. How much did it cost?
Dave

Only problem I see is that most if not all of the trucks have been retrofited with the Fiberglass roof. SO in the older scheme this truck might be correct but in todays modern scheme its doubtful. I will try and see how hard it would be to strip the logos off and redecal it with the older globe decals which I have a bunch of. So my opinion is that the truck is correct for as delivered but not the current version.
Could be. I'll have to watch...

Yeah, you caught me! Single rear wheel...

I dunno........I saw a UPS truck at my LHS today.....nice but for $19.95, the little people can continue to use the REA service in town. :(

Back