02 May, What have you done for your layout this past week?

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Well I got a bit more done on the rock work in Bob's gulley, made another mould to finish it off. Made some more ground foam. Strange thing about the foam, you take a very large block of foam, grind it up and all you have left is a small container of ground foam. I guess it's mostly air spaces :D
Cheers Willis

Looking really good there Willis. I went upstairs and looked at my benchwork this weekend, which is more than I've done the past couple weekends, but didn't do any work on it. Priorities are getting yard work done, garden planted, flowerbeds fixed up, get summer truck on road, sell winter beater.... Hopefully I'll be able to do some work on the layout this summer, maybe even later this spring if all goes well. :)

Darn priorities are getting in the way of my model railroading too! :D
I did manage to get out to a train show and the management of the New York & Western authorized the purchase of another 0-4-0 Docksider with a Bobber caboose!!!
Gotta start work on changing out those horn couplers A.S.P.!! :)

Relettered an Atlas GP40 from Amtrak to HLCX....

DSCF1707.sized.jpg

I'm in the same boat (same freight car?) as GALT904. Most of last weekend was spent tilling the garden until the clutch spring broke (it's currently on back order). This weekend we transplanted 216 tomatoe, 144 pepper, and 72 rosemary plants. Started 200 heads of lettuce, 72 summer squash, 72 winter squash, and 96 marigolds. Next weekend we transplant the Brussels sprouts, tomatillos, and cabbages. And start the watermelons, muskmelons, and cucumbers. And during the week, I've got to build 2 more benches for the greenhouse to be ready for the transplants! So all I've done for the layout is put together 2 billboards (from a JL Innovative kit). Still, it was fun, and at least slight progress on the layout.

Kevin

Finally finished the resin kit, gotta get a picture of it for here. Built another car kit, changed out some couplers and getting ready to strip an old Hobbytown RS3. Still working on the GP7 super detailing with the online clinic, but that's gonna take awhile to finish.

Real neat looking GP40 Jeff, besides relettering did you have to repaint it also? It has a nice look I prefere the simpler paint jobs without multi colored lightning stripes ect.
finished the resin kit, gotta get a picture of it for here.
I'll be looking forward to that.
Cheers Willis

If you look close across the midsection of the GP40, you'll see where I spraypainted the red, white and blue lines out with spraycan Testors enamel. If you look really close at the cab and nose, you can see where the masking didn't work as well as hoped.

Ah! So! I had to download it and blow it up a bit to see them things, I don't know but it still looks good to me after seeing some of the patch work that comes into the yards around here.
Cheers Willis

Snapped off a couple of quick pictures.
First resin kit and first weathering job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet job, mushroom. Looks like it's way past it's time, just really dirty.

What layout? I don't have one yet

First resin kit and first weathering job.
That's a resin kit? First let me say that is a great looking gondola. Some reason or other I expected resin kits to have very thick sides and not have the detail I see here. Nice work thanks for sharing
Cheers Willis

Back