Search results

1. Y

Made in America?

Sunshine models are made in Springfield MO, they make resin kits.
  2. Y

Milk-it does the railroad good! HOmogenized!

Ken you think just like this Ken, had to get one as soon as it was released. Its assembled and weathered sitting on a shelf waiting for a ribbon cutting. Its surrounded by 18 of these!
  3. Y

You wouldn't happen to know of a place to find a few pics of those type setups? Like the name by the way heh.
  4. Y

I have a question about the milking industry dating in about the 1950's. Milk and mail will be the main supporters of my freelanced railroad. I'm not quite sure what all supporting buisness are needed to make it all possible. I currently have rolling stock and a few structures such as milk...
  5. Y

Walthers F40PH drive parts needed

I dont have any pic unfortunatly, its the drive shaft that looks like a black toothpick with a little ball and 2 peggs on each end and the cup that recieves it which mounts on the shaft coming out of the trucks.
  6. Y

Walthers F40PH drive parts needed

I have an older DC walthers f40ph that I am having a hard time finding parts for. I am needing the dogbone driveshafts and the female shaft reciever that mounts to the trucks. I went nuts trying to find them at walthers and ebay but so far no luck. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in my search...
  7. Y

Under Construction - Birmingham UK

It looks to me like the far end has a much larger overhang and then narrows as it gets closer but its hard to tell for sure.
  8. Y

Hey Josh, I went to register on your site and screwed up and deleted my e-mail before I finished...

Hey Josh, I went to register on your site and screwed up and deleted my e-mail before I finished registering can you help a guy out? Sorry about the trouble
  9. Y

DC Loco issue

This is the first time I have ever had this happen, I have a Atlas sw1500 switcher that runs great and a lifelike docside that runs great. Here's the problem-when they are both on the same track there is a voltage drop and they run in opposite directions. I cant figure this out.
  10. Y

track cleaning question

Now why is it, we have to remember to leave the seat down? Maybe there should be a new rule where the ladies need to leave the seat up.
  11. Y

Printable links for structures?

Does anyone know of any good links to sites with some printable drawings or plans for ho structures of any kind?
  12. Y

Scratch build chain link fence

Ahh good point- But I'll do you one better, pm me your adress and I'll send you some samples, enough to do alot of fencing. Green, silver,black, and grey are common for the newer plastic coated chainlink.
  13. Y

Scratch build chain link fence

Goto wal mart in the fabrics, they have several colors and it was .98 cents a yard. Enough material to fence in the entire layout, even if its huge. I bought a 1ft. by 3ft. piece for .24 cents. Thats the smallest they would sell me. You can use wire for your posts, over in the hardware dept.
  14. Y

Scratch Building...homemade

When you get some, buy at least one no trespassing and and one for sale, then scan them and then shrink them down to the size you want and make them into thumbnails and you can print off as many signs as you like. You may not have anything for sale, but surely some homeowner on your layout does...
  15. Y

Scratch Building...homemade

The cheap forsale signs you get at wal mart or any hardware store ( lowes, home depot) is sheet styrene.
  16. Y

Giggity Giggity! Family Guy reefers are here!

I would definitly buy several of the decals if you made them for sale. Put me on your list if your considering doing it.
  17. Y

modeling steel cable

I use saftey wire that is used to wire on grips for a dirtbike. You can get it at most motorcycle shops for about $3 a 50ft. roll, they have tree different sizes get the smallest, cant remember the dia. off hand. Anyways I take it and scuff it with 220 grit to give it the stranded look and then...
  18. Y

Master Creations Watt Moreland Waxworks

I've been pulling my hair out trying to find the Waxworks kit so here I am hoping someone here might know where one can be had. The only one I have located is at Deben publications, but they want about 300.00 more than what its worth. If anyone knows where either the first edition or se is...
  19. Y

HO Layout to fit in a roughly 8x11' space

Being a builder I'll throw in my two cents: First how is your garage framed is it trusses, or stick framed, and can the joist handle the additional load. And as far as framework I would recommend a heavier frame versus sheeting, it's the torsional load you need to watch. You can overcome the...
  20. Y

Is this right....

E-bay is a sellers market for sure. I sell used parts on there and I've got 132 auction ending at the moment, and people are willing to pay more for a used part than they would with a new one. Oh well, puts more money in my pocket for buying rr items.

Back