Search results

1. Jaz avalley

Z. Scale 2nd hand - death of a modeller :(

https://furness-models.com/ UK
  2. Jaz avalley

00 Dover Priory rescue plan

An old friend is moving and his layout needs a new home, after a club and two parties failed to process we have offered to take it on. The station he models is not ready made, the research he has established is historical, and he lives in the town that he modelled and the hands on knowledge he...
  3. Jaz avalley

Weathering buildings and accompanying details, a continuous thread

Buildings, wether you build from scratch or buy a kit improve a kit or buy ready to plonk, they often look that little more realistic with a touch of weathering, allowing them to sink into the background scenery. I often think if they avoid the floating look by just hiding the fact they just...
  4. Jaz avalley

water and the modelling thereof

There is a nice water thread already but it is a sticky and I am about to throw up loads of my own so though it best to do a separate thread. Water There are types, still,running, tidal, still, falling, spouting….you name 💧 has tonnes of variants colour there of, reflected on a sun day often...
  5. Jaz avalley

Who doesn’t like to get down and dirty - weathering an obsession - maybe

I like replicating the real thing, fooling you for a split second, and clean models rarely get that 🤩 wow factor….I model a real railway and getting it to look moderately real takes patience Scripps garage real scripps garage police car and diesel container
  6. Jaz avalley

Alice in Wonderland.....no not really just down the hole in wonderland LO

I have a sense of humour, it may annoy some and please others, but it does lead me to model in an offbeat manner, and trial down right unusual ideas, that said my aim is usually to make you look......and hopefully do a double take this is Kalborough home to a large generic station in England...
  7. Jaz avalley

00 gauge, British railway, Goathland Station aka Hogwarts Station a real preservation station in England

Hello and welcome to my layout. It is based in my loft and actually has several dioramas and stations,but I decided to start with Goathland as it may be familiar to Harry Potter fans. There is also a British TV series called Heartbeat filmed here and in the nearby real village, which is based in...
  8. Jaz avalley

Stations in my loft

I live in the UK and model UK, Goathland is based on a real station and Kalborough is generic I have a number of station in my loft, some more advanced than others,Goathland a preservation station usually running 1960s with Heartbeat or occasionally Harry Potter, Kalborough an almost modern...

Back