Search results

1. Ima Train Wreck

the cotton mill era in Lancashire - Satanic Mills

Layouts like this are like works of art in my opinion, so it is great that it has been restored.
  2. Ima Train Wreck

Des Moines Northwestern Railway

Layout is looking very good and the old photographs are awesome! They show how your fantasy collides with real life.
  3. Ima Train Wreck

Could Use Some Help

Really interesting! So you remove the nails once your ballast has dried and your track stays in place? That would be my choice if it works for me as it does for you. I was actually thinking of screws as I could back them out easier than pulling nails. Also, thanks Ken for clarifying what type...
  4. Ima Train Wreck

Could Use Some Help

Thank you so much Jerry for the detailed explanation and the pictures! Your wiring is very neat and looks efficient with your buttons on your facia. Ken, I may have to move and was trying to build it in such a way it would be easy to take apart in sections and move if need be. Would you still...
  5. Ima Train Wreck

The Beginning

Great start and welcome aboard!
  6. Ima Train Wreck

Could Use Some Help

Thanks everyone...this is some seriously great stuff! I am soaking it all in and will probably take bits and pieces from lots of the ideas I have received.
  7. Ima Train Wreck

Could Use Some Help

Thank you very much Willie! That was VERY helpful!
  8. Ima Train Wreck

Could Use Some Help

So as I continue my odyssey of building my first ever layout, I need some guidance regarding a couple of things. With a basic understanding that things constantly change and technology is always providing us with new products and methods (some of which may not be any better or even as good) I am...
  9. Ima Train Wreck

New Control Panel Started

LOVE the control panel! Looks really nice and appears to be very functional...great job!
  10. Ima Train Wreck

Need Some Advice

Well, as usual with me, I am able to do anything anyone else can do in twice the time and half as good. It's a gift! :) Consequently, the benchwork has taken me a lot longer than I anticipated. Partially because I am slow, partially because of the time I have to spend on it and partially...
  11. Ima Train Wreck

I am Very Excited!

Sounds like good advice...especially about having fun and staying excited! I will read that manual as that is what I always do, (yes, I am a manual reader) and I work in IT so there is a much better than average chance that I will be confounded, dazed and confused. :)
  12. Ima Train Wreck

I am Very Excited!

My order from Yankee Dabbler of my first ever HO train stuff was just dropped at my door by the UPS man! I also bought some rolling stock and track. My bench work is in the final stages and so I am getting closer.
  13. Ima Train Wreck

Running Bear's March 2021 Coffee Shop

That is an AMAZING Tree!!
  14. Ima Train Wreck

Need Some Advice

AWESOME...and thanks for sharing! I feel much better now!
  15. Ima Train Wreck

Need Some Advice

Wow! There really are more than one way to skin a cat! Lots of interesting tips and ideas and most of them completely different...yet they have all worked for the people suggesting them. I decided to use foam panels primarily because of light weight should I need to move sometime in the near...
  16. Ima Train Wreck

Need Some Advice

First of all I Love your scenery...It is so realistic! I appreciate what you are saying about the cross members. I built it with the l girders and the cross members flat so that it would support foam panels because it would be light weight should I have to move in the next year. But whether I...
  17. Ima Train Wreck

Need Some Advice

I am not sure what you mean. I am using foam boards as a surface and turned the slats (top pieces that are perpendicular to the A Girders) flat instead of on edge on purpose to support the extruded foam panels. Again, you might be referring to something else that I don’t understand. When you...
  18. Ima Train Wreck

Need Some Advice

Again, I appreciate all the advice and thoroughly enjoy seeing the pictures of your layouts! It does seem that people definitely have different ways of doing things, but in the end the finished products are all fantastic! I can only hope that someday, I will have something that I am equally...
  19. Ima Train Wreck

Need Some Advice

Thanks for all the valuable input! I have learned so much from everyone who has taken the time to post. What I have decided is to build a sectional layout (I hope I am using that term correctly) that will fit my current area, but would not meet standards but would for the most part, be movable...
  20. Ima Train Wreck

Hello from an Absolute Beginner!

Hello to all and thanks again for the warm welcome! I plan on modeling HO scale and what I call modern. I will not be trying to copy any specific prototype of era. Hopefully that does not offend anyone that does the amazingly challenging work of modelling specific era's, areas and railroads...

Back