Search results

1. J

Flattening powders added to hobby enamels?

Has anyone ever attempted to add "flattening powders" to hobby enamels like Model Master enamels or Floquil enamels to "dull down" the glossy paints to make them more semi-gloss or flat?I haven't done it or tried it and the amount I expect would be so small...I'm not sure how to measure that...
  2. J

Reviving old Floquil and its other brands identifying solvents on labels "best way to store" Floquil paints,restoring them with "additives?"

So,I'm attempting to star a new subject but I do realize it stems from a "main one" and that is the old Floquil brand paints themselves.I'll try to keep my quarries simple as I prefer it that way,but questions.Questions,questions yes I have questions.I will try to stay in order and resist the...
  3. J

Bringing Floquil back to life

Is it possible to bring "old" Floquil back to life?I have an old NOS bottle of Flowquil,never opened and the pigment appears to have separated from the solvent and is pretty well settled to the bottom of the bottle.The bottle is about 50% pigment and about 1/3 or so of liquid/solvent inside a...
  4. J

Using Floquil and the Dio Sol question

So,I'm new here (yes) and I'm sure I am beating a dead horse as this I suspect has been a deeply discussed subject.I have accumulated a fair amount of Floquil paints and as many of you are already aware of,Dio Sol is next to impossible to find unless you stock piled it.The small volumes of it...

Back