Search results

1. Mountain Man

Running Bear’s May 2021 Coffee Shop

Morning. I hope you all had a safe weekend. Always a somber weekend here, decorating family graves. Whole lot of veterans buried here going back to the civil war, so a sea of flags. Then out to the Pioneer Cemetery for more distant relatives. Raining lightly the whole time, lots of thunder...
  2. Mountain Man

Clear blue skies, snow on the peaks, stuffed burgers on the grill and peace and quiet in the neighborhood. Maybe a quick trip up Phantom Canyon to Cripple Creek on the old F&CC RR grade. One my favorite spots - this cut was created by s a single "shot" by the blaster. Barely one vehicle wide.
  3. Mountain Man

Morning. Nice here. Nothing like Spring in the Rockies!
  4. Mountain Man

Sorry to hear that, Willie. I'll add him to my prayer list. Ghost students, ghost workers, ghost voters...no wonder Halloween has become such a popular holiday. :eek: Not for nothing, but there is a FM Talk station broadcasting from Trenton, and heard virtually statewide. They are supposedly...
  5. Mountain Man

Don't know much about the CN/KCS business. This area is D&RG/Sante Fe/UP/BNSF courtesy of Buffet buying it all out. So the depots are from one era, the tracks from another, and the trains from the current one...oh,yeah, the Rocky Road locos that service the Portland cement plant near Florence...
  6. Mountain Man

Cloudy and mild here after two days of rain. Fuel costs continue to climb as always as the tourist season approaches, running from $3.39 to $3.59 and higher depending on location. Governor just announced $93 million in tax hikes in direct violation of our Taxpayer Bill of Rights law, which...
  7. Mountain Man

Rain and hail yesterday evening, rain again today. Not a problem except that the wipers on the truck quit!
  8. Mountain Man

Woke up to a bobcat prowling the back fence! Never boring out here.
  9. Mountain Man

Blossom Festival here today. A happy weekend to all of you.
  10. Mountain Man

Running Bear's April 2021 Coffee Shop

Still beautiful and sunny here in Colorado. I'm starting to suffer from Survivors' Guilt after hearing about some of the weather the rest of you are having! Nice work on the trees!
  11. Mountain Man

Pour the coffee! It's a beautiful day in the Rockies! We found the wild turkeys yesterday. They follow the water in the local creek, and had moved West for a while, but with the winter snows melting and the creek flowing more fully, they are moving back into our area again. The mating pair...
  12. Mountain Man

Interesting weekend. Saw a flock of pelicans on one of the many quarry lakes in our areas. Turns out pelicans are quite common in the Rockies, like the ever-present sea gulls we see everywhere. Go figure. IronBeltKen said: It's bedtime now, I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight so I can be...
  13. Mountain Man

Lot of debate about who actually shot him. Last I heard, a ground unit was credited with the fatal shot. In a few more years, no one will even remember that there was a First World War - most of them don't even know anything about the Second. Got to drive my wife to her MRI, so keep the...
  14. Mountain Man

Two killed when Lionel freight train plows through end-track office

Looks like Operator Error... :cool:
  15. Mountain Man

Cold today with remnants of yesterday's snowfall. Roads are OK, though, so out and about. Hard to outdoor garden here because of the deer. They even come up the stairs onto the front deck to eat some of the flowers. Saw a herd of over fifty on our way up to Westcliffe a couple of days ago...
  16. Mountain Man

Couple of inches of wet snow today, but the roads are clear. Sun is coming out and it will all melt way by early this afternoon. Springtime in the Rockies! Guess I'll get my x-rays taken today after all. Stop in town and visit the book store. Lot of excitement for one day...I may have to...
  17. Mountain Man

Sunny but cool today and some snow still on the shady patches. Driving into town for family Sunday dinner today. I'll use the back roads, which means I won;t see another soul for most of the drive. Most peaceful way to travel.
  18. Mountain Man

Spent 14 years over there. Had my International License. Germans are NOT better drivers.
  19. Mountain Man

Auction House vs. Online Auction Service

The percentage taken by the service would be a major factor. Have you considered sites like Craig's List?

Back