Search results

1. 3

A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

I'll be watching. Wayne
  2. 3

Just ordered some of these....

Covered hoppers are addictive. Bought 5 at the last show, 2 for corn and 3 for plastic pellets. All Atlas 4 bay's. They look great. Wayne
  3. 3

Anyone else getting this upon LogIn?

Not lately. Wayne
  4. 3

Just bought one of these ...

Thats a good move. It would also help if you owned a good 0-1.000 micrometer. Wayne
  5. 3

DUPX 28075 8 axle Tetra Ethyl Lead tanker- build & finish-scratched

Bobby, thanks for another "art" fix. You are an artist. Wayne
  6. 3

Coil Coupler Conversion

to those on this forum a 6250 is a Lionel Switcher. The couplers are coil operated. I think you need to contact someone more familiar with Lionel products. Wayne
  7. 3

Using alligator clips to connect feeders to bus wire

I use ScotchLok 567 IDC (insulation displacement connectors) on my layout with no problem. I also use them on my FreeMo modules which have now been in service six years. Wouldn't use anything else. Wayne
  8. 3

Buffer Car service

Still looking. Thanls Wayne
  9. 3

Buffer Car service

Any advice about availability of HO "Buffer Car" decals. Haven't been able to find anything anywhere. Thanks Wayne
  10. 3

Athearn Blue BOX Tank Car Kits!

Another work of art. Thanks Bob. Wayne
  11. 3

Eric, Nice LeMans. I always liked the 65-67 A-body Olds and Pontiacs.This was my original 66 Cutlass 4-speed as delivered in April 66. Great fun, probably the wrong thing to be talking abot on this forum. Nice chat Eric. Keep up the good work on your layout. Wayne
  12. 3

I got distracted also, 1966 Olds Cutlass with a 4-speed. I am working on my layout today. Wayne
  13. 3

American Flyer S Guage Tank Car Paint

Doc, here is another source. Try to contact Tom Barker, an S-Gauge guru for A F train repair and history. TBBEQA@MAC.COM is the latest contact point I have. Wayne
  14. 3

American Flyer S Guage Tank Car Paint

Doc, did not Lionel recreate a tanker with those colors in their S-Gauge line? Also if you have a sample an auto paint supplier may recreate the paint formula. Wayne
  15. 3

Eric, it's fantastic, well done. Wayne
  16. 3

Very nice Eric. Thanks for the pics. Wayne
  17. 3

Glueing Plastic To Wood

"Pliobond" which is a contact cement used when constructing "Fast Tracks" metal turnouts to plywood "Fast Tracks Quick Sticks". Excellent stuff should work for your application. For that matter any contact cement like Pliobond. Wayne
  18. 3

What do you use to uncouple cars during ops sessions.

I am lucky enough to operate on two private layouts and my own. I use bamboo skewers on my own layout with Kadee couplers. On the private OPS one layout uses the bamboo skewers. The other private layout is equipped with Kadee magnets an that is all that is allowed. The correct etiquette for...
  19. 3

Which DCC Operating System Do You Use and Why Did You Choose It?

I use two DCC systems. Digitrax and MRC Prodigy2. I use Digitrax when I am doing a Free-Mo group hook up and at several OPS layouts I participate in. My choice for my home layout Is the MRC Prodigy2. I prefer the Prodigy2 way more than Digitrax. The Prodigy2 hand held is much more comfortable...

Back