Search results

1. S

EMD F Unit Roof Question

Good point. However actually I'm just wanting to fix things that really bother me. For example a Steam Generator on a passenger Train A unit or a Passenger Train B unit that does not have a Steam Generator. I really don't like the looks of the straight- across rear roof. I want to Add on the...
  2. S

EMD F Unit Roof Question

Never mind .I just found the attached files. Looks great 👍
  3. S

EMD F Unit Roof Question

Wow! I love this. It's so tiny I can't read it though. How do I find this in a bigger size? Or how can I enlarge this without it getting Blurry?
  4. S

EMD F Unit Roof Question

I have HO scale F7 units from quite a few different manufacturers. Most of which I bought dirt cheap because they were unpopular Road Names. I am now in the process of stripping the shells in order to repaint them into my favorite Railroad paint schemes. I also want to modify and detail the...
  5. S

Model Train Show September 25th 2021

Thanks for the link. Terminuschaptertca. That's the one. Hoping "HOT" means a big turnout. I am hoping I can find a phone number to call before I drive 2 hours to attend another Flop. LOL. I miss the mega shows when fellow model railroaders had used stuff for sale. Maybe next year things will...
  6. S

Model Train Show September 25th 2021

Hello all. I was wondering if anybody has more information about the Train Show in Cartersville Georgia tomorrow. Has it been Covid-cancelled? How many vendors and booths with used trains for sale. I went to a show in Atlanta on the 9th of this month at Scott Antique Mall. I bought a ticket and...
  7. S

ATSF EMD E8m Kitbash from SP E9 (HO)

I'd be totally satisfied with a result like this. Nice job. What manufacturer E6 donor shell? Where did you get the corrugated styrene? Which silver paint did you use? Brand & Part # for decal set used? I'm excited. I apologize for peppering you with questions. Great to see a nice finished...
  8. S

I'm a car guy also. My "Stingray". I've been doing auto body repair as a hobby since high school so Kit bashing model trains Is right up my alley. Let's see that Black Z28!😁
  9. S

Incredible work. I have been entertaining the idea of Kit bashing an E5. Either using an E6 shell or doing a crazy complicated build using the cheap and abundant Athearn BB F7 shell. Can you get "corrugated sheet " decals. I have seen the rivet decals and they look great. Shadow lines like the...
  10. S

Comment by 'StingraySteve' in media 'Atlanta 1957'

Wow I love the look of that station. Nice job with the covered stairways and platforms
  11. S

Rivarossi A and B sets

Oops wrong attachment. Tried to load a picture of the silver heavyweights
  12. S

Rivarossi A and B sets

Thanks Iron Horseman. I saw a video of an HO E6 Warbonnet pulling a string of silver heavyweights. Valley Flyer coaches? I thought it looked great but seems I remember a semi-streamlined locomotive similar to the Blue Goose maybe? Did Rivarossi (or other mfr) offer these as 85 footers? Are the...
  13. S

Athearn rubber band driven motors

Hilarious. I just scrolled down and saw 5 ads for big bags of Rubber Bands like Office Supply🤣
  14. S

That's part of the cool factor. When I was 8 years old everybody I knew had a loop of track on a 4x8. Having a fast model train in the 3rd grade was like having a fast car in high school. The really cool guys had the turnouts and operating accessories. Saturday the Local Hobby Shop was packed...
  15. S

Rivarossi A and B sets

Got it. Thanks
  16. S

Turntable to digitrax dcc unit

Is it a 933-3171? If so did you assemble the kit yourself?
  17. S

You can probably fix those old Athearns. Check out Youtube before you throw in the towel. A little cleaning and soldiering. Don't put any lube on unless you know what NOT to oil. I still have my old Blue Box Athearns I bought in the 1970s running. Some of them I bought used then. I think the...
  18. S

Rivarossi A and B sets

Years ago I saw an N scale Boxed set that came with 4 green heavyweights and a single Red and silver War Bonnet F unit as power. Looked cool then but now that I know steam was generated by the B units. Even in my consists of fictitious color schemes I like to Imagine they are mechanically...
  19. S

Rivarossi A and B sets

:rolleyes:Colin. I would love to read that 2001 Riverossi Catalog but the writing is microscopic and blurry when zoomed.

Back