Search results

1. R

Northern Pacific Rocky Valley Branch Switching Layout Build

Congratulations.Great work for compact spaces.
  2. R

How to run a Roco Fleischmann H0 73330 Electric Locomotive 143 579 DB AG (DCC Ready) on a Z-21 stater set.

I have never run these engines.Could you please give some more details on "running in"of the engines.It is ok to move the wheels physically while cleaning them without damaging the motor?Any more tips on cleaning and maintaining good electrical contact would be most welcome.
  3. R

How to run a Roco Fleischmann H0 73330 Electric Locomotive 143 579 DB AG (DCC Ready) on a Z-21 stater set.

I cleaned the pin contacts and it is running now.The steam engine seems to chug a lttle jerky,maybe as per the sound.Also,the electric stops getting power after some time.Moving it a little gets it back,but when I move it,then it stops after a moment.It is dust or do I have to do something else.
  4. R

I cleaned the pin contacts and it is running now.The steam engine seems to chug a lttle jerky,maybe as per the sound.Also,the electric stops getting power after some time.Moving it a little gets it back,but when I move it,then it stops after a moment.It is dust or do I have to do something else.
  5. R

Yes.As far as I know there is only one way to fit the decoder.That is to put the adapter first aligning it with the marker side,and then insert the decoder into the adapter.Only the lights worked through the z21 app.
  6. R

Yes,the headlight can be controlled with the controller.The decoder does not have pins but it has cvonnections on its underside which is suppoesed to snap fit into the base which has pins to go into the board.
  7. R

Hi Smudge, Now that the electric is up and about,I am trying to fit my Ho Roco BR-98(DCC) with a sound decoder(Loksound 5Micro 58814).The original one has no sound,but it runs and its lights work.I replaced it with the new Loksound decoder,but only its lights work and it has no motion.I have yet...
  8. R

Thanks so much Smudge for taking so much time for me.I finally got it up and running.People like you are a boon for hobbyists.Keep it up.
  9. R

The decoder is a ZIMO MX 645,with a sugar cube speaker.(8 ohm,1 Watt).
  10. R

I have a speaker which was shipped separately.I have fixed the speaker into the loc and have drawn out the two wires.But where do I connect it on the board/decoder iteself.Which points?
  11. R

unable to activate wifi in Z-21for i-pad

Got it now.I had to unlock the decoder,which I did.Thanks.
  12. R

I have fitted the decoder.Now I do not where to solder my speaker wires,since theare no wires and it is a pin only decoder.
  13. R

Hi, Done this but still not working.Thanks
  14. R

Z21connected to track but not responding

Hi, I am a newbie and have connected the z-21 app to the z21 controller.The system shows that it is active,but no control on the app is active.When I use the manual Mause control alongwith the i-pad,then the controls get get activated as per the mause manual control,but they cannot be...
  15. R

Hi, The i-pad is on the same network of the Z-21,but the wifi is showing a red cross.Being a newbie,I do not know anything about changing the IP settings.Thanks for the help.
  16. R

Hi, I have a Z-21set.I had used it succesfully with the supplied wired remote.But now when /I am trying to use the router,the app on my i-pad is not connecting to the wi-fi as it is crossed out.I have hooked the router to the Z-21 network using the PIN on the underside of the Z-21.Also,now the...
  17. R

Roco site verification

Dear twforeman, Thanks a ton.
  18. R

Roco site verification

Dear All, I had got registered on WWW.ROCO.CC site and purchased a decoder and a speaker.While doing payment,the credit card page came and as I selected the type,the next page came and said that I had purchased the items.I was surprised because no payment had been made.I opened my mail and saw a...
  19. R

Bachman 00 gauge LMS 10001 Diesel Locomotive - Fitting Sound

Hi, I am a new bie in this.I also purchased a ZIMO MX 644D decoder for my Roco DCC ready engine.There are no pins on the pcb as well as on the decoder.How do I fit the decoder.

Back