Search results

1. T

The Beginning

I am new to these forums and new to train building. Around Christmastime, I got out my old Tyco Silver Streak rail system from when I was a kid (aka 1978-1979). I still can't get the Silver Streak to run, but I have started to build scenery. Here are a few shots. I will update as I find the...
  2. T

Tyco HO Silver Streak from late 70's locomotive engine help

Hi, Everyone. Recently, I pulled out my old train set from when I was a kid. I have a 4x8 piece of plywood and excited to get rolling again. Plugged it in, set up the track, and then remembered the engine stopped working years ago. The light comes on, but it makes no noise. So, I found...
  3. T

Old Tyco HO Scale Set - Advice on Maintenance and Mounting

HI, Everyone! Thank you for all the support. I am new to this forum and getting ready to set up my old train from my youth and mount it to plywood that will sit on a table. I have two questions: 1) Looking at some of my rail below. What is the best way for me to mount this to my plywood...
  4. T

New here, looking for advice getting my Tyco HO train working again

Hi, Everyone! Great site, just found it! I just pulled out my Tyco Silver Streak train from back in 1980 (I think). I am writing today to get some support. My back up locomotive is not running, but it is very close. I just need some help. it is a Milwaukee Road (see pictures). When I put...

Back