Search results

1. R

Good references (books or magazines) for a newbie?

www.scratchbuildersguild.com
  2. R

Making your own molds for casting

Durabond 90 Heavy, strong and takes 90 minutes to dry.
  3. R

Imagine That First Release...

I am under the impression there are enough for two runs of escapes top to bottom. They are new yet, so I expect the prices to come down in some hobby shops. Give them time to build an inventory they'll come down.
  4. R

Imagine That First Release...

I recently did a build article for one of Imagine Thats kits they are big... http://scratchbuildersguild.com/follow-the-build/lasercut-kits/359-albany-crown-towers-imagine-that-ho-scale
  5. R

How to paint a DPM kit...

Maniac, Looks great, many building painted out the mortor and that looks like your building. Does not look out of place at all great job. Thanks for the comments guys.
  6. R

Let's Scratchbuild a D&RGW Water Tank

That is some outstanding work there. Any chance for a weathering lesson ? I stink at it.
  7. R

How to paint a DPM kit...

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks. I have a lot of fun with the website and hope you enjoy the article me and a few contributers write. Anyone is able to write for the site too. Drop me a line I'd be happy to talk to new contributers any day. Ron
  8. R

Holographic Imaging

Its possible, a wall of LCD's run by a PC controlling your video's of these seasons and era's. I believe I seen a TV program with a fabric LCD material, which would be perfect. If you got the money anything can be done.
  9. R

Engine Terminal build

Thanks Ron, there is a few things cooking right now and I might have some more pics real soon.
  10. R

Engine Terminal build

It looks much more like an old inner city garage and junk yard now.
  11. R

Engine Terminal build

A few pics to show you where the layout is at right now.
  12. R

Thanks Giving Weekend Photo Fun 11-27/11-30

A scratchbuild I am working on...
  13. R

Railroad Logo help!

Thats tricky, a low light shot might be a good start with manipulating the rest out. Then again another good and quick free graphics tool is Sketchup. That will make the image fast and to your specs.
  14. R

Railroad Logo help!

Take a screenshot with fraps or just a plain screenshot in xtrkcad. Then clear the middle on a clear background and resize it. Gimp and fraps can be used free.
  15. R

Engine Terminal build

The bridge for the turntable is in the paintshop and the tracks are all getting sorted (have some doubts). The project is still active but I have taken a step back to allow my friend to help a bit. Fred Jr a fellow club member is painting the bridge and once I get it back I will dig into the...
  16. R

trees help, I got vent about the glue too

I used hot glue for making many tree's at a time. http://scratchbuildersguild.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49:making-detailed-oaks-and-maples&catid=23:landscaping&Itemid=37
  17. R

Shelf layouts

I like them to, makes a great use of space considering you can run one over a desk or work area. Giving the center of the room freedom to show it off to others with.
  18. R

Layout on HOLD

Yeah a walk in the woods and some wild flowers is a great way to start the conversation with the wife. However if there is active house building going on in the area ask the guys when they will start insulating sometimes they use foam and can get you pretty goo cut offs for free.
  19. R

Got my first airbrush kit

Thank you this helped me immensely.
  20. R

Got my first airbrush kit

Fair enough, not to get anal on you but does that include the 99% stuff ?

Back